• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jimboza

Recruit
14 Badges
Sep 4, 2017
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
hello,

whenever i launch stellaris through steam, the game tries to start for about 10 seconds, after which the game spits out an error saying that its crashed. The dialog doesn't show what part messed up and there is also nothing in the 'error' file in the crash folder. i don't have any mods installed and all the DLC's i own (every one except for nemesis).

what i've tried:
add '-opengl' in steam
add '-dx11' in steam
reinstalled game
'reinstalled' the paradox folder in My Documents
run steam game file integrity
trying to launch 3.0.3 open beta
trying to launch any older version
trying to run in fullscreen, borderless or windowed
trying to run on my 2nd monitor
trying to run at 30, 60 and 144 fps (main monitor is 144hz)

with this i have provided a pic of the error dialog and the txt/log files that are generated with every crash
i would really like to play again in the near future and this bug makes it so that can't happen, i would really, really love some help!

regards,
jimboza

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7,8 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    302 bytes · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    642 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    8,8 MB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
and if you're wondering why there is no 'error.txt', forum won't let me add an empty txt file

i've also tried to launch the game through the game folder in steamapps/common, as admin and not as admin, no good ending

Hi I think im having a similar problem but I'm new to this. What exactly do you mean gamepad was making it crash?
Some game controllers and joysticks affect this game that way. Unplug any such devices before starting the game.

If that does not help you or does not apply, you have an unrelated problem and should start your own thread, thanks.