Finally got all achievments, played more than 200 hours and have some thoughts. (Longpost)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kasradze

Recruit
45 Badges
Apr 25, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
First of all, I had a great time through gaining all the achievments (which I usually don't even try in other prdx games). But I clearly see some problems with game mechanics which I'd like to discuss with other fellow crusaders.
  1. Combat. This part of the game have 3 fundamental problems - the ability to create a doomstack of space marines, the ability to teleport them wherever you want at no time, and the inability of AI to create such doomstacks. With 6+ baronies in your domain you can buff at least to types of MaA to such numbers, where they always will count as elite troops. But AI never does this, he don't actually care about having strong domain at all, especially if he is a king or emperor. He usually builds things randomly and its ok for him to build barracks and not to hire Heavy Inf MaA. As for the rally point system - it's not ok that your MaA can be gathered at once, in any place in your state, than ungathered at once, and at that once be gathered 1000km away. I think, that rally point system should be left as it is for levies, but MaA should be a model on a map, as are EU4 armies, with option of encampment stance, which will offer lowered maintance cost.
  2. Inbreeding. At this time is absolutely OP. This deavalues international relations system, as you don't hunt for beneficial alliances, you snipe for geniuses, hercauleans and beauties which is not hard at all. Also this devalues every other dynasty legacies except for Blood. And the funniest thing - the most powerful legacies are the first, the second and the third. Octogenerians is absolutely useless, as you don't care about 5 more years of life for your genius, because all of your children and grandchildren are also geniuses. By the time you can afford Architected Ancestory it's usually isn't necessary because most members of your dynsaty already have all three main congenital traits. So I think, that inbreeding should be nerfed by lowering basic chances of inhereting/reinforcing congenital traits should be lowered, Blood legacy tree should be seriusly reworked (moving first tree legacies further, lowering chances, etc) and basic chances of getting bad congenital traits should be raised.
  3. Dread system needs reworking. There should be larger and deeper scaling, then just 0 to 100, right now it's just OP.
  4. There should be some more regency restrictions than just inability to scheme. There should be opinion debuffs scaling with age, inability to declare wars, to execute captives and other stuff, as right know playing as kid is the same as playing adult, but with pets events instead of scheming.
  5. Legacies. Just too weak as they are. Almost useless, my personal rating is Kin > Guile/Glory > Martial > Erudition/Law. I would be happy to explain, but by some reason the forum wont let me, any idea why? Is there some limitations on text size?
Anyway, I'd be happy to discuss everything i mentioned.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
There should be some more regency restrictions than just inability to scheme. There should be opinion debuffs scaling with age, inability to declare wars, to execute captives and other stuff, as right know playing as kid is the same as playing adult, but with pets events instead of scheming.
There's at least a little bit of this. I don't know about playing a child ruler since I didn't get the chance, but with Scandinavian Elective whenever I nominated a child player heir there was a substantial negative penalty when the other vassals were deciding whom to vote for. The penalty was more severe for infants and young kids than for teenagers.

Agree a bit on the Dynasty Legacies. I actually was okay with the Blood 4 one because I had two congenital traits common in my kingdom but the third one was harder to get, so it helped out there. But it does feel most of the powerful ones are frontloaded.

While there are a few in the Legacy 5 column I wouldn't mind if I had the renown to blow (e.g. Law 5/Kin 5, maybe an extra MaA regiment with Warfare 5), most of the Legacy 4's look pretty underwhelming. 4000 renown for +5 powerful vassal opinion? +3 same faith opinion? Legacy 4 needs more power to be worth the cost to make them competitive with just getting 1-3 in a different tree.

• 1Like
Reactions:
While there are a few in the Legacy 5 column I wouldn't mind if I had the renown to blow (e.g. Law 5/Kin 5, maybe an extra MaA regiment with Warfare 5), most of the Legacy 4's look pretty underwhelming. 4000 renown for +5 powerful vassal opinion? +3 same faith opinion? Legacy 4 needs more power to be worth the cost to make them competitive with just getting 1-3 in a different tree.
I'd like to reply to that, but forum is still blocking me from posting anything. Don't you have any idea why, or how i can contact a moderator?

I'd like to reply to that, but forum is still blocking me from posting anything. Don't you have any idea why, or how i can contact a moderator?
No idea, sorry. I've been able to write some longer posts, so I guess try another browser or see if a browser extension is interfering? Maybe it's an issue with markdown or content you've got in your post body?

There's a forum support forum over at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forums/forum-help-issues-rules.600/ that might have some clues.

Ok, I'll try again. As I see it only Kin 5 and Glory 5 are worth going deep to them, Law 5 is ok, but I've never experienced problem with domain limit, even 5 is enough, and you get it just from being a king in 1066, not speaking about stewardship level and further innovetion increase. Erudition 5 is fine, but the rest of this tree is totally not worth it. Martial 5 is same as Law 5, nice, but not actually necessary at all.
Guile is actually a good tree, except for last one, it is too random.

• 1Like
Reactions: