• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fransouz

Recruit
56 Badges
Oct 9, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Will be there final 1.3 patch? It would be awesome if someone put Extended mymap into 1.3 patch beta (29thDecember) at least. For the glory remains still one of my top favored games.

Reactions:

I´ve already got 29thDecember beta, I´m wondering whether MichaelM or someone finish the work and possibly when :)

Top favored game and you don’t even show the games icon under your avatar? :rolleyes:

I´m a player actually, not a contributor, thus I´ve never got involved in here although I browse that forum since ever :)

Reactions:
I'm sorry for mining, but I loved For the glory with MyMap. Was MyMap or other similar map ever added to standard For the glory?

I'm sorry for mining, but I loved For the glory with MyMap. Was MyMap or other similar map ever added to standard For the glory?

No. The only mods that were included in the release of FtG were AGCEEP and Age of Timur as both were relatively finished and relatively bugfree.

However that means absolutely nothing as everyone who has FtG could and can download any of the mods in the modding subforum where several mods used several different maps.

The final patch 1.3 was never about adding more mods but about removing still existing bugs and problems in the vanilla game and changing or adding a few minor details that MichaelM as the single last programmer of FtG was able to do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@ConjurerDragon thank you for the answer. Are MyMap and/or AGCEEP still being developed? Is FtG still being developed?
There hasn't been a new beta of FTG since December 2017, but I've been slowly getting back into my other programs in the last month, and I plan to work on FTG for a bit after the next EU4 scenario editor release.

• 2Love
Reactions:
There hasn't been a new beta of FTG since December 2017, but I've been slowly getting back into my other programs in the last month, and I plan to work on FTG for a bit after the next EU4 scenario editor release.
Wow! Your're the author of For the glory? :p I'm honoured. But I've been curious for years: why didn't you include MyMap or at least Watkabaoi(?) or other map in the default FtG? The default map is so ugly that my eyes are beeding whenever I'm looking at it.

Wow! Your're the author of For the glory? :p I'm honoured. But I've been curious for years: why didn't you include MyMap or at least Watkabaoi(?) or other map in the default FtG? The default map is so ugly that my eyes are beeding whenever I'm looking at it.
We planned to include a brand new map at release in 2009, but that map was itself a one-person project that ran into difficulties and still to this day isn't finished. No other member of the dev team had any experience making a map, so the mapmaker was left mostly to his own resources.

Reactions:
We planned to include a brand new map at release in 2009, but that map was itself a one-person project that ran into difficulties and still to this day isn't finished. No other member of the dev team had any experience making a map, so the mapmaker was left mostly to his own resources.
Ok, but why not to include MyMap or other done map?

It would have still been a significant amount of work to ensure either WATK or MyMap was ready for official release and support -- work that wouldn't make sense if the AGCEEP map was indeed right around the corner as we thought.

Reactions:
The game did include Age of Timur which has a different map than the vanilla game...

Ah- sorry no. AoT was vanilla map. Dawn of Kingdoms that I downloaded had the map without America.

All existing mods can be downloaded from the modding subforum so there is no need to pack them with the patch for the vanilla game:

Last edited:
Any update? :D

I do have a hotfix for the longstanding multiplayer crash when a missionary finishes. It's posted in Discord, and I will put it in the beta patch thread in Tech Support just as soon as I get my moderator powers back. I only just now noticed they're gone.

Reactions:
Is there a 1.3 for Good Old Games purchases? The download on GOG is only up to 1.2, not this 1.3.