• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adjudicate

Recruit
22 Badges
Oct 20, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
I am playing on XBOX Game Pass for PC. The game had worked yesterday. Today, when launching the game from the launcher, I get a blank command prompt window that pops up, along with the following error:

empireofsinuwp:
File System Error (-2147219195)

When I click OK, the window disappears, and the game does not load.

XBOX Game Pass for PC does not offer the ability to verify files, so I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the issue persists. For kicks, I also restarted the computer, but that also didn't help.

Please help :)

I am playing on XBOX Game Pass for PC. The game had worked yesterday. Today, when launching the game from the launcher, I get a blank command prompt window that pops up, along with the following error:

empireofsinuwp:
File System Error (-2147219195)

When I click OK, the window disappears, and the game does not load.

XBOX Game Pass for PC does not offer the ability to verify files, so I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the issue persists. For kicks, I also restarted the computer, but that also didn't help.

Please help :)

Hi
I face same issue 2 days with research with no luck, I did everything I found in google no solution fix this issue !
only one thing fix this issue :)
I have program name ( Wise Care 365 ) and I did the below steps
1- PC checkup
2- system cleaner ( registry cleaner / common cleaner )
3- system tuneup ( registry defrag )
after that the error gone I star the game without any error also I close it and try 3 time to make sure everything is OK.
please reply if this will fix your error

Good luck

Thanks Yousefyj, unfortunately this did not work for me. But I did find a different way around it.

If I press Play from the Xbox Game Pass console, I get the EOS splash screen. If I Alt-Tab out of this until the Launcher begins to load, then Alt-Tab back to the splash screen before the Launcher is done loading, then the game starts up properly. I don't know why this works, and it is hard to get the alt-tab timing right, but it is the only way I've gotten the game to work.