Fave Sponsor and/or Personality and why

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I usually revert back to playing Russia/Oligarch to get proper names for my Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism runs without having to rename everything being sent out. With the Long Ride special rule I get to rocket trips feeling like the momentous endeavours they're supposed to be. If I want a rocket full of material from Earth, I need to wait for several sols before they arrive unless I'm paying a premium by bringing them in with pods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've only done a few runs so far. Still newish.

Tried Europe twice, cuz I totally assumed I'd be a tech rusher.

First time I got pretty far, maybe half the tech? Then I let the dude explode the giant bomb, and the endless dust storm killed me. Combo of suffocation and suicide spiral.

Second time I got a bit farther, but towards the end of the Last War I hit a suicide spiral. Both times I had been the City Mayor, cuz build costs.

So I thought, on if suicide is killing me, I'll try the Church of the Ark, with Rocket Scientist fir the early shuttles. NAILED IT. Got the good ending of Last War, 100% terraformed, researched everything, built everything, had 5k colonists, all martianborn, all that.

So now I've been testing Paradox and Japan, cuz what I wanna try to pull off is to get my colony to be 100% bio-robots. Setting the mystery to Artificial Intelligence for the theme. No idea what that one does, but it sounded appropriate. Those havent gone well so far, lol.

Favorite Sponsor: Brazil
  • Buildinig dome networks do not have any performance/happiness penalties
  • Turning waste rock into rare metals for capital is extremely useful
Favorite Background: Mayor

Mayor is just really good. Rocket Scientist lets you spread out faster, but Mayor is key for developing your core settlement.

Favorite Challenging Sponsor: Church of the New Ark
  • You start out poor and stupid
  • With no sponsor research and low metal prices, you will stay poor and stupid
  • Rapid population growth makes your poor-ness and stupidity more relevant

Favorite Sponsors: Europe (easy tech) or Brazil (easy rare metals)

Favorite Background: Inventor (Not needing Electronics at start makes a huge difference and the hubs not needing power makes for easier base planning and easier to recover from disasters)

If I play with that mod that let you operate mines without workers then it is Europe as favorite sponsor. Play without the mine mod sponsor is Brazil. I just can not stand to see all that waste rock all over the map. And you can start exporting already on first shuttle that take off. Rocket scientist every time. I never quite manage to have the drones moving stuff around decently so have to use transporter to get stuff built. With shuttles stuff are moved around decently.