• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(5955)

Second Lieutenant
Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Hi,

I'm playing my first game of SAI1.2. Only my second game of HoI, period. I'm playing as the CCCP and have puppetted Finland and Sweden. Germany finally took France (Winter of 41) and then invaded Norway, though they'd been at war for over a year.

Here's the thing, there are Aussy naval bombers in Sweden and German naval bombers in OUTER MONGOLIA!? And no, neither country has granted access.

It's not a big deal, but it sure looks peculiar. Also, I hate to see the waste of assets as the bombers just seem to sit there. (I can't vouch for the Germans, but I haven't seen the Aussies move in over a year.

I'm now at war with Germany and her allies (they DOWed me). I chose to leave Japan alone, so we're not at war. There is a group of Japanese naval bombers sitting in the Ukraine next to Rumania. Again, they don't seem to do anything.

Also, Rumania doesn't want to join my alliance, even though they're my puppet. I didn't have this problem with Persia, Finland or Sweden. Would it have anything to do with my taking their land in that event?

I have a save, if you like.

Ciao,
V'ger gone

Last edited:
From what I know, the planes basing in any country is a bug in HOI, not the mod. Even the human can base his planes in neutral countries.

Hello,

Well, that's interesting. I hadn't seen that before. (In my VAST experience playing ONE game of HoI1.06/CORE to conclusion. <grin>)

I am now being attacked by Japanese planes based in MY country (in the Ukraine right next to Romania) and it feels quite silly.

I'd be most interested in hearing from anyone else reguarding this.

Hello,

Sorry to hear that. It seems a very odd bug for Paradox to have left in. At least when the Japanese were done bombing they flew back and landed in Germany. They have this HUGE stack of 15 divebombers sitting in Germany.

I also have this group of Aussy torpedobombers hanging out near Stevastopol and I can't imagine HOW they got there.

Since I've been bugging you about things, I thought you'd like to know, I really appreciate the mod. I think you have the best set of graphics, overall. Something else I really appreciate is that you have much more realistic aircraft ranges.

I had been going into CORE and (if it had installed correctly, HSR) and changing the aircraft ranges to be more in tune with reality. (Also, divebombers, early fighters and torpedo planes were almost useless, since many times they couldn't even fly missions to the next province.) So I was most impressed when I went into your mod and saw that not only did you have longer ranges you had ranges and stats for individual and appropriate planes. Thank you.

BTW, something I've wondered about: Is there a reason the Soviets don't have Paratroop capabilties from the start of the game? Certainly they had the tech in real life.

Thanks for all your hard work.

They may have had the tech but I do not believe the russians had any large scale paratrooper divisions till a year or two after Germany DOW it.

You have any research on this?

Also you forgot to mention the aircraft speeds they are also historically accurate hehe.

Hi,

Yes, I DID notice the speed stats. That was part of what I was complimenting you on, though I didn't mention it specifically. One thing, why is the org value so low on your aircraft? I presume there's a good reason and I'd like to hear it.

I know the Russians were practicing large scale drops from TB-3s by 36, but I'll have to chase down some references to see if they had actually organized divisions. I've seen footage of them jumping (AAAAAAH!) and have run across references to their training many times, but haven't seen anything on any official organization.

Lothos said:
They may have had the tech but I do not believe the russians had any large scale paratrooper divisions till a year or two after Germany DOW it.

You have any research on this?

Also you forgot to mention the aircraft speeds they are also historically accurate hehe.

Low plane org shortens the Air to Air battles. Shortens down time of planes (they flew daily) and does not allow the annihalation of complete divisions by bombers.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your rationale.

On another subject. So far I've found these two references that the Russians did have severa division-level paratroop formations established by 1936. However, neither cites their sources, so I'll keep looking.

http://herbertholeman.com/para/units/russia.php
http://www.britishairborne.org/historyorigins.html

Lothos said:
Low plane org shortens the Air to Air battles. Shortens down time of planes (they flew daily) and does not allow the annihalation of complete divisions by bombers.