• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xXDarkValkryeXx

Recruit
21 Badges
Mar 25, 2019
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
So I've been playing for a little bit and I think I got it mostly down the only problem I seem to have is that my fleets aren't able to defeat the enemy's especially the fallen empire even when I have a higher fleet power. I tried tailoring my fleets to counter my enemies but it doesn't seem to help at all any tips for beating the few? Thanks

So I've been playing for a little bit and I think I got it mostly down the only problem I seem to have is that my fleets aren't able to defeat the enemy's especially the fallen empire even when I have a higher fleet power. I tried tailoring my fleets to counter my enemies but it doesn't seem to help at all any tips for beating the few? Thanks

Federation?

Yeah I'd like some advice as well. I have had mixed results myself but can't seem to reliably win. I've destroyed a 102k fleet with a 60k fleet yet had 15k fleets fall to 7k fleets. It's a game of rock paper scissors that I'm not sure how to best win.

Try not to fight them near there space ports. Try and lure them into your own
How comes Skullblits I got myself the unbidden who joined the club of us all , there main fleet has a 221K in there capital doing nothing they build a group of 45K and let these systematic do the dirty job outside with for the moment not much luck as the federation has a 415K with a titan in it .
What I don't understand is why the federation don't go to there capital and burn them to the ground with such a capacity of ships .
So within 6 years I'm El Presidento my idea is to go there myself and do a little mambo jambo me with a132K and a 415K of federation ships should be not much of a problem I think .

I had a game where the awaken empire Fleet and the 2nd bugger power fleets would not fight each other. They keep running away from each other it was really annoying.

Also if u can fight them at your space port you get the bonuses from them if u built them.

Neutron torpedo boat are highly effective, if i remember correctly, the 236k materialist AE fleet was defeated by my 180k fleet (not sure, 30 battleship, 35 cruiser, 90destroyer and 240 corvettes)
FE and AE use only destroyer and battleship class vessels so use the overwhelming tactics.

Do the awakened empire fleets get reduced when they stagnate? I'm currently facing a 327k fleet. If that fleet will reduce in size on its own after the empire goes into decline again, I may just wait it out and hit them hard later on if they go back to pre awakened proportions.
When the empire awoke, their fleet capacity was pathetic next to mine and fleet power was equivalent. Now that they are fueling their war machine, their capacity is equivalent and fleet power is overwhelming.

So I became the president of all members within my federation and went to visit there home I knocked on there door but they didn't open it so .... I cleaned the system end of story for the unbidden .
Now we are sitting there again doing nothing I deleted the game ready to start a new one .

If they awaken and offer you to be their bitch and you aren't ready or are too weak to face them or the coming crisis then bend the knee. If you can't beat the FE/AE you definitely won't beat the crisis. So unless you are pretty confident in your ability to face the FE/AE then the crisis on your own then I would bend the knee and wait til the crisis is dealt with and you are prepared enough to declare you independence and fight the FE/AE

If they awaken and offer you to be their bitch and you aren't ready or are too weak to face them or the coming crisis then bend the knee. If you can't beat the FE/AE you definitely won't beat the crisis. So unless you are pretty confident in your ability to face the FE/AE then the crisis on your own then I would bend the knee and wait til the crisis is dealt with and you are prepared enough to declare you independence and fight the FE/AE
I disabled end game crisis. Last playthrough the prethoryn arrived in my core systems and promptly took out the center of my empire in one quick go. It wouldn't have been so bad if they arrived in a neutral system per 2.2 rules.

I beat them! It was absolutely glorious!
They captured one of my colonies before leaving and crossing their territory to attack my federation allies. So... what happened to feeding on my babies as promised? I went after them into their turf, split my fleet into two 80k and placed them on either flank of the hyper space exit within range of where they would drop out of hyperspace. I also built a fortress within range and placed a third fleet of torpedo corvettes 3k fleet power where the AE would arrive.
They waltzed right into my trap and it went better than I dared to hope. Honestly I don't think the corvette's did any damage. I think the main advantage is flanking them from both sides. It's the second time I've successfully attacked the flank or rear and it definitely makes a big difference.

I beat them! It was absolutely glorious!
They captured one of my colonies before leaving and crossing their territory to attack my federation allies. So... what happened to feeding on my babies as promised? I went after them into their turf, split my fleet into two 80k and placed them on either flank of the hyper space exit within range of where they would drop out of hyperspace. I also built a fortress within range and placed a third fleet of torpedo corvettes 3k fleet power where the AE would arrive.
They waltzed right into my trap and it went better than I dared to hope. Honestly I don't think the corvette's did any damage. I think the main advantage is flanking them from both sides. It's the second time I've successfully attacked the flank or rear and it definitely makes a big difference.
Is there a flanking mechanic in game? Was wondering if there was a buff of some kind like increase dmg or enemy ships get less evasion?

Is there a flanking mechanic in game? Was wondering if there was a buff of some kind like increase dmg or enemy ships get less evasion?
I'm not sure. I will say that I have drastically lost head on battles, reloaded a save just prior to said battle, change nothing other than a flanking/ ambush move and won.

I'm not sure. I will say that I have drastically lost head on battles, reloaded a save just prior to said battle, change nothing other than a flanking/ ambush move and won.
There is likely a mechanic where the fleet, particularly larger ships, needs to be facing their direction of attack. I've seen it many times where the larger ships wait to fire until turning to face the enemy. I think I'm simply exploiting that, giving my fleet crucial extra moments to deal out damage without return fire.