Fair and level Playing field on Addons- Does the industry require more ELUA clauses for this?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GnoSIS

Colonel
25 Badges
Jan 27, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
This is not the first time some thing like this happens, but this one is very blatant and underhaned.

The mod author of "Altoholic teelo's fork", added unicode encoded, code in a string, as a measure to obfuscate his intentions, which were to actually litteraly completely UNLOAD/delete another mod from the game client, mod in question is "Total RP 3".

I/We, don't care about the backstory, or WOW, or reason why teelo did this, and such events have happened in the past in many games.

I understand that we all here don't care about WOW, but I wonder if we need an additional clause, -if there's nothing there-, that addon authors should respect boundaries between mods, and not conduct warfare/malicious action towards other authors, no matter the reason, justified or not, because this leads to the suffering of users and lost revenue for the product owner (i.e. paradox blizzard, etc.)

Of course, the product owner doesn't have the time and resources to do arbitrage on this, but I wonder if there exists a silver bullet of a clause to protect everyone from this.

Links:

Or we could just continue to police ourselves, touch base with PDS when we need help beyond that (which we can, and do), and not pile on more legalese that neither the modders or PDS want to deal with.

Or we could just continue to police ourselves, touch base with PDS when we need help beyond that (which we can, and do), and not pile on more legalese that neither the modders or PDS want to deal with.

To be fair, not sure if it's even possible to prevent a mod from being loaded on stellaris, but it's beyond the point.

It's all fun and games, until you're targeted, then you reach out into your backpack for your shield & sword and find out you're empty handed. I've read the modding TOS/ELUA, there's nothing there on this.

If you have concerns @GnoSIS please contact a member of Paradox staff. Locking this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.