• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PadwiseGamgee

Recruit
8 Badges
Dec 3, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I have just purchased the game through Steam and was able to play the game once. Came back to it this afternoon, and now the launcher opens fine upon launching the game, but as soon as I launch the game from within the launcher I get the error;

*The game appears to have crashed or terminated unexpectedly (exit code null). The issue may be solved by verifying the integrity of your game files and deactivating any mods. If you are using Windows, you may also need to install Visual C++ Redistributable and [dot]NET Framework>*

No mods are installed, everything is on the latest version. M1 Mac running 14.0. Have tried running directly from the desktop shortcut, but this just launches the launcher + steam and I get the same issue.

I have tried;

- Reinstalling the game & deleting all files related to CK3 Steam & Paradox Folders.
- Reinstalling Steam
- Verifying Steam files
- Restarting Mac mulitple times

Nothing seems to work - any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 15.48.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 15.48.03.png
    239,8 KB · Views: 0
To add to this - I think it is an issue with the launcher, not CK3.

I have just installed Hearts of Iron IV to test this. When opening via the launcher I get the same error message - however, I also have the option to skip the launcher when opening via Steam. If I do this, then the game opens and runs perfectly.

What if you run ck3.app and hoi4.app directly from Finder, do they work then?

No - If I run that, then Steam still opens up, the launcher opens and I get the same issue.
Running the .app files directly from Finder does not start the launcher. Did you perhaps do it on a desktop shortcut or something like that?