• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Loucifer711

Private
15 Badges
Jun 18, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
Hi,

Running no mods, all DLC installed from Steam. My computer is an m1 2021 Macbook Pro on 13.4.1

And every time I try to launch EU4 I'm getting the error in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 7.40.25 PM.png

The full error message from the window is:

/bin/sh: COM_GOOGLE_CHROME_FRAMEWORK_SERVICE_PROCESS/USERS/LOUISGUBERTI/LIBRARY/APPLICATION_SUPPORT/GOOGLE/CHROME_SOCKET=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.PGUm8OVWz2/ServiceProcessSocket: No such file or directory
Although the PGUm8OVWz2 bit is not always the same if I restart the computer. I noticed this issue began after updating Chrome in the last day or so. I'm also attaching launcher logs here in case that does any good. I've already restarted the computer and verified file integrity using Steam. If I go to eu4.app in the directory I can launch the game directly from there but the achievements icon will be grayed out. Appreciate any help you all can offer.

Attachments

• launcher-2023-10-17.log
    11,5 KB · Views: 0
I guess everyone has updated Chrome like that but are not getting that error - myself included!

Mine is Version 118.0.5993.117 (Official Build) (x86_64) , what do you see?

Hey Andrew,

Not sure what Chrome version I had when this first started, should have recorded it. Still experiencing it now though and the Chrome version is:

Version 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (arm64)
PDX Launcher 2023.14

Edit: Should also say that I have uninstalled and reinstalled from Steam since this started and it had no impact on the issue

I've just updated Chrome to Version 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (x86_64) and EU4 still works fine for me ... all I can think of is there's a problem with Chrome on your Mac. No real idea what to do about that I'm afraid!

Does CK2 work okay? It is free to play on Steam now.

Haven't given CK2 a shot. I'll try that and then a fresh install of Chrome. Can you confirm whether you're on Apple or Intel silicon? The build on your Chrome looks like Intel though you might be using Rosetta

I'm on an Intel iMac from 2017, MacOS 13.6.1

CK2 Works, EU4 still doesn't work even when changing default browser or doing a fresh install of Chrome, I even wiped the Chrome folder in Application Support prior to reinstalling Chrome.

Maybe the Chrome thing is a red herring ... what if you revert to a previous game version?

It must be the launcher, as if it were the file system eu4.app would have the same problem, I'd say. However you could run a First Aid against the volume.

I ran First Aid and there's no problems. It seems like others have been experiencing similar problems with Paradox launcher across multiple games

At this point I'm going to move this thread to the main forum, so the launcher developers such as @Deuterium Oxide can look into it.

Good luck!

I'm still experiencing this issue on the latest launcher version and patch of the game.

This might be of some help, not sure. I was able to get the game running: