• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

daWaschbaer

Recruit
16 Badges
Apr 9, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III
Every time i try to play PA multiplayer with a friend, it is not possible to establish a connection to the europe server, regardless whether one wants to load the server list or to host a server.
Because we are trying to play multiplayer, we obviously don't use any mods.

We are playing the latest version "Sunset Update" of the PC Steam release. USA East seems to work occasionally, though we don't want to play with 100-300+ ping, so i assume something's wrong with the europe server.

Upvote 0
I was able to go online to the Europe server fine just now.

Do you still see this?

I was able to go online to the Europe server fine just now.

Do you still see this?
I checked today ~11:00 UTC+02:00 and it worked.
When we tried to play multiple times this week we were not able to establish a connection. When we'll start our new save game, we will probably check multiple times the following week and i'll give feedback on whether the server connectivity is stable or not.

I checked today ~11:00 UTC+02:00 and it worked.
When we tried to play multiple times this week we were not able to establish a connection. When we'll start our new save game, we will probably check multiple times the following week and i'll give feedback on whether the server connectivity is stable or not.
Alright when we actually tried to play around ~11:40 UTC, it required several attempts to establish a connection to the game server and on the successful attempt, it took like half a minute until i was able to create a game.
I'd suppose that the server might be quite unstable because it took my friend some time too to load the game list. Please keep in mind that both of us are in different, distant regions in germany, so we have the same problem in completely different network environments.

Edit: So we ended up at a point where i was able to create a game and she was able to retreive the server list but she was stuck in an infinite "connecting to server" screen when trying to connect to my game. So while it seems to be occasionally possible to create and view game lobbies, it does not seem to work to actually connect to a game. At least in germany i suppose.

Last edited: