Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man Announced

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another exspansion. well, thats good. I quit playing this game awhile ago because the game is so sloow later in game. i want my money back. the game is unplayable and i have bought all exspansions. it sucks to use money and buy stuff only to find out the game is not working. what to do?

Reactions:
Another exspansion. well, thats good. I quit playing this game awhile ago because the game is so sloow later in game. i want my money back. the game is unplayable and i have bought all exspansions. it sucks to use money and buy stuff only to find out the game is not working. what to do?
What's your machine like?

It looks like what's holding you back is the 760, but if you get the new Pascal, or even 900 series, EUIV should run smooth all the way through. Should.

Why should a graphics processor affect EU4's performance? I can see an integrated Intel graphics chip to be too underpowered but a 760? This is not a graphics heavy game.
True, but I don't see what else could be too weak. The Intel is running at 3.4, and he has enough RAM, plus fast storage.

True, but I don't see what else could be too weak. The Intel is running at 3.4, and he has enough RAM, plus fast storage.

It's not that I can claim which component is the bottleneck but GPU bottleneck is highly unlikely for this kind of game.

It maybe that EU4 mostly runs on a single core, and that may not be enough. Someone with a faster single-core CPU may get better performance.

This archived thread has some discussion along those lines.

Edit: (link removed - had a dad) on reddit suggest that there is multi-core support. Then I don't know why a system like that would lag much.

Although there are other threads that claim the multi-core functionality is rather bare-bones.

Geez, you try to fact-check and then everything gets more complicated... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that I can claim which component is the bottleneck but GPU bottleneck is highly unlikely for this kind of game.

It maybe that EU4 mostly runs on a single core, and that may not be enough. Someone with a faster single-core CPU may get better performance.

This archived thread has some discussion along those lines.

I read the thread, and it seems that since Clauswitz is not really multi-threaded, it does rely on single-core. :(

Anyways, for @ViKiNG-NoR 's problem, there must be a bottleneck somewhere, but I don't know. If you really want an answer, there are probably a lot of people way more qualified than me. You could use the tech support thread.

hehe i see the discussion going on. i dont know but if you guys dont have a problem with the lagg then whats your spec? im updating my pc part for part in the future, but a new graphic card first.

can't wait to find out more about
  • Revolutionary Republics now have Factions to balance

Interesting. Will we be seeing more structural changes to the EU gameplay, or is this more ham in the same sandwich, so to speak? Maybe I will even get back into EU if the gameplay is improved sufficiently. Good to see late-game content making its way into the project.

Along with Reaper's Due, I might do the same with CK2.