• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The game will go live at 9AM EST, which is about 15.00 in the afternoon Swedish time. (on the 13th of August)

Demo will be released at the end of this week if the Gods smile upon us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo would cut into your playing CK2 to get a save to continue into EUIV time.
Demos are just a pale imitation of the true game anyway, wouldnt you rather first experience the game in its completeness rather than in a limited, watered down state?
Demos are only good in music where its the same song but on an acoustic guitar, in games theyre just a less good version of the game but earlier.
And as its not much earlier, if you already know youre buying the game so dont need to check it out first, then really its a no worries thing.

That doesnt make you a fan or not as dedicated

The demo would cut into your playing CK2 to get a save to continue into EUIV time.
Demos are just a pale imitation of the true game anyway, wouldnt you rather first experience the game in its completeness rather than in a limited, watered down state?
Demos are only good in music where its the same song but on an acoustic guitar, in games theyre just a less good version of the game but earlier.
And as its not much earlier, if you already know youre buying the game so dont need to check it out first, then really its a no worries thing.

That doesnt make you a fan or not as dedicated

I want a demo because I don't know if I'm buying the game or not.

I like the CK2 demo, including the glitches (play as anyone, reset one number to rollback the start date), which they'll probably avoid this time. Still, it was great to actually be in the game rather than just watching Let's Plays and reading AARs.

A tutorial demo is not a bad idea really.. the tutorial is usually boring and timeconsuming when you got the whole game and is eager to play. When you only got the demo you got the time to really enjoy doing the tutorial.

As an advertisement for new players it's gonna need some gameplay though.

Hmm...

There's something I'm missing about this dev diary.

Oh, did Johan change the colour of his hair?

I want a demo so I can get a legs up on studying the file structure for modding purposes.

Since we never got a modding DD, despite such being (I believe) mentioned.