Europa Universalis IV: 1.18.2 Hotfix Released Checksum [197c]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Japan starts with Feudalism, Like most of east Asia (if your not a horde), And while you wont get Renaissance as fast as Europe, you can develop and it will spread to high development provinces naturally after 1500. when you develop provinces which will at a % to the lowest non embraced institution but this does require common sense DLC. After a province has embraced it will spread to nearby friendly provinces. Also there is a thread here were a Korea player got colonialism, not the Europeans.... by colonizing Alaska.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...u4-development-diary-26th-of-may-2016.937696/

Above is the dev diary and while some numbers changed its a good start until the wiki is updated.

To the AI not doing things, sometimes a reload of your game will be in order to "reboot" the AI. It happens. Sometimes...they are just... the AI. Also if they are disloyal they wont help (above 50% liberty desire) unless enemies enter their territory.

Thanks again for the reply. In the game I was playing I had one of my provinces up to 27 total development, and no institution ever spread there at all. I don't have it in front of me, I'm on my work computer, but I thought when I had looked at the growth factors the high development only applied to Europe. It seemed the only viable strategy was to purposely leave a province that shared a lot of borders/sea lanes empty so that a European colonist would settle there and start spreading the Institution to as many of my provinces as possible- the problem being, that immediately means the country colonizing immediately becomes hostile since it wants to expand its territory.

I'll keep playing with it, obviously this was beta tested and found to be satisfactory.

you have to develop after the institution shows up (aka the pop up). Then increasing development works that way. Its a flat increase depending on the development of the province (you get less % going from 3-4 then from 30-31). It also doesn't grow until you have one province embraced.

Renesance's natural growth is European 10 or 20 dev province or a x province outside of europe after 1500. but you can jump start it by increasing development (focus on one province until its embraced).