• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did a complete install and still get the same problem.

There are two provinces starting with Volcae.
Volcae Arecomici
Volcae Tectosages

The only time I've had the same issue is when I've forgotten to delete the map cache. I'll try recreating the issue and see what happens.

As for the two Volcae, that is WAD. Similarly, there should be 3 Turduli provinces in Hispania: Turduli, Turduli Veteres, and Turduli Oppidani. This is intentional.

Volcae Tectosages shows as two provinces when there are province improvements that can be constructed both Volcae and Tectosages are listed.

For those who want to be able to move troops from Italy to Sicily and some of the other adjacencies update the adjacencies file in the maps folder as
follows

Code:
From;To;Type;Through;Comment
155;156;sea;732;Sicily Mainland
159;160;sea;749;Sardinia - Corsica
171;302;sea;816;Byzans
-1;-1;;-1;-1

Ah, I see what you mean now. I had wondered if there would be any adverse effects of adding a newline tag to localisations. I'll fix that for the next version, along with those straits.

Thanks Cheexsta, I used the Byzans one to reduce the size of Pergamon:)
I am really looking forward to the next release!

Thanks OberGeneral, I really appreciate all the feedback you've given :)

The next version should be out before the weekend, and will be mostly just bugfixes (including port rotations, if I get the time).

this might be a bug in 2.36 but when i click government my game crashes,
when it dosent when i click to hire or fire someone it crashes.

v0.1b is released. See first post for details.
(Don't forget to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook!)

If you're installing over an older version, please delete the "\mod\Europa Imperialis" folder first, then simply unzip the file to your mod folder as normal and delete the map cache. There has also been a minor change to a vanilla file, so you may want to move the contents of the "Copy to Vanilla" folder over again (but this is not absolutely necessary - it's just a fix for the colourmap).

Please note that this is not savegame compatible, due to the addition of extra provinces.

Changelog:
- Fixed port rotations
- Fixed sea province unit positions (ships no longer sail around Africa for no apparent reason)
- Fixed major crash bug with Mauryan civil war rebels
- Fixed several text-related bugs involving newline tags in province names (note to modders: doing this is a bad idea)
- Fixed several missions that triggered with province numbers
- Fixed the (incredibly basic) colourmap to actually fit properly
- Added two new provinces: Veneti (Gallia Cisalpina) and Olbia (Sardinia)
- Included the monarchy crash bug fix (as expanded and adapted by mate0815)

Edit: I have not yet added any adjacencies for straits, but will look into it for the next version.

Edit 2: GameFront seems to be having issues, so I've added a second download mirror to the OP.

Last edited:
Fix

so i can now click on the governemt tab , or it will just fix its self?
and when do you plan on doing extra resources?

so i can now click on the governemt tab , or it will just fix its self?
Don't click the government tab, it will still crash. Instead, just wait for an event to fire that will fill the open position(s). It shouldn't take much more than a month.

and when do you plan on doing extra resources?
No resources are planned for the map mod; that's total conversion territory (so to speak).

Sidenote

did you also mean for there to be so many water territories? or is that just temporory?

Still impossible to have a chance as Rome. A little balance is needed here.
All your updates seem to be working though, ship paths work, harbour rotations look fixed.
Good job Cheexsta!

Eragon: that's definitely intentional, the idea being to increase the difficulty of gaining naval superiority. There's no way a navy in antiquity should know the precise location of an enemy like in vanilla, IMO.

OberGeneral: if it helps, I had a successful campaign as Rome in the last version ;) But yes, it could do with some balancing. I'm hoping to focus on game balance during beta stage after all the features have been added.

@the game balancing

you dont have to balance rome against magna grecia just fix the cluster alliance issue with euprius and pontus they will come across the map and pwn you . but its really easy to crush magna grecia

i also was doing some searching as im a big history guy... (why i asked for an even bigger map ! D:) but there were irish tribes in Britain you dont have to make them powerful as they werent a big note in history until later. link to a source http://www.yourirish.com/history/ancient/iron-age/the-celts/ -other side note ammonium near egypt should be under egyptian control my source Image map. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...rsyUJHDCMiyqQGy24GoDw&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBw&dur=106

side note ontop of second side note.... is there ever going to be a province for athens it wasnt really as important at this point but no one has had one yet :p

Last edited:
you dont have to balance rome against magna grecia just fix the cluster alliance issue with euprius and pontus they will come across the map and pwn you . but its really easy to crush magna grecia
Whether Epirus and Pontus form an alliance is entirely down to chance, it's not going to happen every time. I must've gotten lucky in my Rome game :p

i also was doing some searching as im a big history guy... (why i asked for an even bigger map ! D:) but there were irish tribes in Britain you dont have to make them powerful as they werent a big note in history until later. link to a source http://www.yourirish.com/history/ancient/iron-age/the-celts/ -other side note ammonium near egypt should be under egyptian control my source Image map. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...rsyUJHDCMiyqQGy24GoDw&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBw&dur=106
The map mod (EIMM) is intended to be as simple as possible, with only changes to the actual map and minimal changes to everything else (Maurya is the only country I planned on adding). Adding new countries, tradegoods, cultures etc. is all planned for the total conversion mod (EITC) that I have in the works. So no, I won't be adding any Hibernian tribes for EIMM, but I'll keep the information aside for EITC.

Thanks for the info on Egypt, I'll fix that for next version.

side note ontop of second side note.... is there ever going to be a province for athens it wasnt really as important at this point but no one has had one yet :p
There already is, it's called Attike (Attica). However, given that I've named most of my provinces after their principal city rather than the land around it, perhaps I should rename it to Athenai (and Lakedaimon to Sparte, for that matter).

Ok, so I got some time to have a look at the terrain view. It's just a rough idea, and I've only thrown together Italy so far, but it should show what I'm aiming for:

colormap_wip.jpg

(Ignore the water for now.)

Thoughts?