EU4 Won't boot at all - Crashes on startup immediately [macOS 10.13.6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Karaya__1

Recruit
May 27, 2020
Hey,
This is getting ridiculous, I'm up to my third post on the forums now.

Just downloaded EU4 on my mac after playing for ages on my PC and cant even open the game. Im running 10.13.6 and all my hardware is well above minimum - Steam says 10.12 or higher, so no issue there.
Not to be curt but please refrain from telling me to do something I already have, so here is a list of what I have tried to do myself to fix where none have worked;
  1. Verify integrity of cache [Multiple times]
  2. Unsubscribed from all workshop content
  3. Disabled all overlays (Steam, flux, spectacle etc.)
  4. Disabled OneDrive (I read somewhere people noted the issue)
  5. Opened directly from the .app
  6. Run executables dowser, pdx_core_test, laucher-installer-macos etc.
  7. Editted settings to force a windowed start
  8. Deleted all EU4 'documents' / User settings and user folders
  9. Uninstall/reinstall - Complete 'clean' uninstall, have sought out files and deleted them manually as well as steam uninstall
I've got all the logs that actually have entries here, again, this simply happens on boot - I haven't been able to get in game. I simply press play in steam, steam alerts me i am in game by turning my icon green which promptly turns blue again as the game crashes out. I never get a window, no loading screen, nothing.

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    216 bytes · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • error_old.log
    1,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,9 KB · Views: 0
  • setup.log
    9,4 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5,1 KB · Views: 0
How can you have disabled OneDrive on MacOS, if I can ask? I thought it was Windows only.

So you never see our launcher, is that right? If that is the case, AND eu4.app does not start the game, you apparently have two separate problems.

LAUNCHER:
Let's try forcing an update of the launcher.

Download the installer package: https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/emailsignatures/2020.16-mac-prod.zip

Unpack the file you just downloaded and place the three files in the Steam folder for the game you're having issues with. If asked if you want to replace already existing files click "yes" - that's a sign you are in the right place!

Then delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

GAME:
What exactly happens when you run eu4.app directly from Finder? Do you see anything at all?

In Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.