• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
C.N. said:
You mean that could be represented by? Navaho is close to both Deseret and California. Metis Confederacy could also be used for some of the natives. Dakota and/or Huron?

I put all NA natives under the only VIC native tag as I thought it would be strange to put them under "white" countries.

C.N. said:
BTW, here is a list of the worst mergers:
Country - # -- comments
France - 21! -- Strassburg and Lorraine could be transfered somewhere else. Baden, Belgium(=Burgundy) or Luxemburg? Wallonia is not yet used. Lorraine, Artois and/or Champagne?
Ottoman Empire - 16 -- We really need an Iraq tag.
Russia - 12 -- Chernigov to Ukraine and Volhynia to Ukraine or Ruthenia? Podlasia to Poland?
Cherokee - 7 -- See discussion above.
Prussia - 7 -- Altmark to Braunschweig? Münster to Lippe-Detmold?
United Kingdom - 6
Ireland - 5
Aldjazir - 5
Egypt - 5 -- I suspect that North Africa would fit Tripoli, Tunis or Aldjazir better.
Spain - 5

If you've got better ideas please put them forward, remember though that a lot of EU2 countries probably won't exist as they are revolter only. For example 11 of the french mergers are tags that were introduced for CK and are revolter only in EU2 for the first century and will thus likely not exist at 1820.

-Strassburg and Lorraine are the two French mergers that are the most odd, but Baden (east of the Rhine) or Belgium/Wallonia (to far up north) didn't appeal to me so I put them under the country which historical had them in 1836. Artois could be merged with Belgium or converted to Wallonia. Champagne, to me, is one of the provinces that should belong to France.
-Iraq tag would be very nice, sadly not very probable. Maybe Nejd could be used?
-Russia changes are fine I guess, did those without much thought.
-If people are fine with putting the NA natives under those other tags it's fine with me.
-The german changes look ok.
-Spain, UK and Ireland are not fixable I believe
-Fatimids could go to Tunisia. Isn't North Afrika a tag from CK for a christian North African kingdom?

C.N. said:
Other Comments:
Transoxania is closer to Bukkhara than Persia. (Transoxania refers to the land on the other side of the Oxus = Amu-Darja see from the south.)

OK

I'll make those changes tomorrow (or C.N. can do it)

And I'd like some input from others on the NA natives and what to do with France and specifacilly Lorraine/Strassburg

IMHO:

I agree about uniting all NA native nations under one flag... your reasoning sounds logical

France: looks fine what you say also

No Iraq = Nejd (Nejd isn't Arabia?)

Shouldn't Fatimids go to Egypt rather than Tunisia?

I'll be back on Monday... nice weekend guys!

Ironfoundersson said:
-Fatimids could go to Tunisia. Isn't North Afrika a tag from CK for a christian North African kingdom?

No and yes. Fatimids ruled Egypt and NA is for a christian NA (I don't think that Egypt is included in that).

I'll make those changes tomorrow (or C.N. can do it)

I'm have not time to do it right now, so we'll see who is faster.

Here are the Russian, German and Transoxania changes:

add to tag_conversion_table:
Code:
	ALT = BRA	#Altmark = Braunschweig
	MUN = LIP	#Münster = Lippe-Detmold
	VOL = RUT	#Volhynia = Ruthenia

add to mother_merge_table:
Code:
	TOX = BUK	#Transoxania = Bukkhara
	POD = POL	#Podlasia = Poland
	CRG = UKR	#Chernigov = Ukraine

remove from mother_merge_table:
Code:
	TOX = PER	#Transoxania = Persia
	ALT = PRU	#Altmark = Prussia
	MUN = PRU	#Münster = Prussia
	POD = RUS	#Podlasia = Russia
	CRG = RUS	#Chernigov = Russia
	VOL = RUS	#Volhynia = Russia

add:
Code:
BRA =
{
	tag = BRA

pop_growth_mod = 1.0033

culture = 
	{ 
		type = north_german 
	}

ruling_party = 3508	

government = monarchy 
	executive_designation = laws_by_decree
	establishment = traditional_academic
	party_system = one_party

literacy = 0.8
}

LIP =
{
	tag = LIP

pop_growth_mod = 1.0033

culture = 
	{ 
		type = north_german 
	}

ruling_party = 5108	

government = monarchy 
	party_system = one_party

literacy = 0.8
}

RUT =
{
	tag = RUT

#Are the cultures correct or should they be changed? 
	culture = 
	{ 
		type = ukrainian  
		type = byelorussian
	}

ruling_party = 2700

government = monarchy 
	party_system = one_party

literacy = 0.15
}

ragusa (RAG) should merge into croatia (CRO), not become montenegro(MON), it was a croatian republic and at no time had any connection with montenegrins, except the two times they pillaged the outlying villages.

CHG - Chagatai merges with Khiva, should perhaps merge with Kokand
KHM - Lan Na merges with Cambodia, should perhaps merge with Siam

In the AGCEEP at least this seems more in touch with their geografical position... don't know how it looks in vanilla though, since I havn't played vanilla for quite some time.

brownbeard said:
ragusa (RAG) should merge into croatia (CRO), not become montenegro(MON), it was a croatian republic and at no time had any connection with montenegrins, except the two times they pillaged the outlying villages.

BAH! Balkans is messed up in EU2.
Two reasons why I'm against it: 1) I prefer converting of countries above merging, the more countries in VIC the better 2) in EU2 there's a province between Croatia's CB provinces and Ragusa.

C.N. said:
No and yes. Fatimids ruled Egypt and NA is for a christian NA (I don't think that Egypt is included in that).[/url]

I digged up a little book full of historical atlasses and it shows that the fatamids started in Tunis.

If NAF supposed to be christian with whom should they merge?

kokomo said:
No Iraq = Nejd (Nejd isn't Arabia?)

Yes Nejd is in Arabia. But is at least near Iraq.

Sute said:
{h]CHG - Chagatai merges with Khiva, should perhaps merge with Kokand
KHM - Lan Na merges with Cambodia, should perhaps merge with Siam

fine with me.

Ironfoundersson said:
BAH! Balkans is messed up in EU2.
Two reasons why I'm against it: 1) I prefer converting of countries above merging, the more countries in VIC the better 2) in EU2 there's a province between Croatia's CB provinces and Ragusa.

again it is not the same country, and for some reason i do not feel comfortable that dubrovnik republic becomes a nation that tried to burn dubrovnik twice in two hundred years. dubrovnik is croatian, montenegrins are not. most people from dubrovnik would find it insulting if anyone called them montenegrin. as for croatian CBs in eu2, they are severely messed up... at least 3 provs missing.