• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sadorhael

First Lieutenant
29 Badges
Apr 10, 2019
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka
Every time I have tried to host a multiplayer game from the Steam version of AoW 3 from my Mac, I get the message "Error hosting session on server - Please reconfigure your network settings."

After having tried also hosting a LAN game, it usually goes OK after a while of trying again and again. What is this?
It has been like this for several years, and I do not know what is wrong. I have never had issues like this with the other games, and I don't know what network settings this should be.

Help, anyone?

Not really, sorry. Do you have access to any other Mac to try this on? Or alternatively can you move your Mac to another location/network and test it there? This is to determine if the issue is in your Mac or network.

I have tried it on various different Macs now. (Just bought a new one, and I hoped it would improve, but alas.) I have not experienced any similar issues in other games. And it seems it happens indepently of what network I'm on as well.

So neither of you have ever been able to host an MP game on any Mac on any network, is that right? But Windows on the same network okay?

Can you join someone else's host okay?

I am able to host from my Mac. What I do, is that I go back to try to host a LAN game, get the same error message. When I then go back to hosting online, I usually get it to work sooner or later when I click many times. So this problem is one of the few where it seems to work to try the same thing over and over again, like breaking through a wall...

I can join others' games without any problems from my Mac. Hosting from Windows is no problem on the same network.

Funny, I put this thread on my watch list but didn't get alerted when you posted.

I am able to host from my Mac. What I do, is that I go back to try to host a LAN game, get the same error message. When I then go back to hosting online, I usually get it to work sooner or later when I click many times. So this problem is one of the few where it seems to work to try the same thing over and over again, like breaking through a wall...
This I have no explanation for, regardless of where the roadblock is.
Yeah, I had a Mac previously and could never host a game, a laptop on the same network was never a problem.
Do you find this too?

Like mentioned before, I have no problems hosting from a PC on the same network (both on WIFI). And I can usually get around it, it seems a bit random and annoying. I have had the same experience with two different Macs, and on different networks - which leads me to believe that there is something with the game that I don't understand or a hidden error somewhere.

I have had the same experience with two different Macs, and on different networks - which leads me to believe that there is something with the game that I don't understand or a hidden error somewhere.
Well certainly but what nature of problem goes away when you do the same thing over and over? That makes no sense!

Hi AndrewT, I no longer use a Mac to play, but i did try several times (not in close proximity though to force a "green signal" as Sadorhael suggested) to host a game.
However it sounds strange for me if it work like that. Can't anyone of the devs try this in the office, they should have several of Macs available for testing purposes?

Hi Sadorhael,

Just ran this by our AoW3 Mac Developer.
Based on the information given we'd suspect this is due to router and/or firewall settings.

Since resolving this depends on the hardware and settings you are using, I'm afraid I can't give you any concrete steps. Sorry.
Hope this helps you search for reports of similar issues though.