• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dearest Brother in law,

Tales of your benevolence are told from Ireland to Cathay

I accept your decision and your good conscience is wonderful to behold. I shall ask no more of you, and I hope that in happier times us three can meet and enjoy a banquet together in the choice of residence.

Niccolo Limmona, Marshal of the Realm

((Just a reminder to people that the vote is OOC, so no one knows IC what the other people are voting. The characters are not actually going before the king and saying they'd support a civil war or not, seeing as that would be foolish. :p This is more to gauge the pressure placed on the king to accept the demands and so I know who everyone would side with in the result of war. If anything, only the king knows who is supporting each side in the debate. ML shouldn't end up excommunicated since the Pope wouldn't know his opinion on the subject yet.))

Private letter to King Ferran IV de Trastámara,

Your Majesty, even though the TATC is officially neutral, if the tolerance side would rebel, if that happens, we will supply the loyalist side with mercenaries, ships and capital, if it's needed. We hope for a swift victory, and even though we do like tolerance, the overall stability of the realm is more important. Long live you, and your dynasty, and may God be with you.

- Ferdinant IV de Almeria

((Providing troops, ships, and money is like the opposite of being neutral. That's actually supporting the loyalists. :p You may also wish to figure these things out with 05, since he has a different direction for the TATC.))

JpsioAG.png

Do not be so foolish. These supporters of tolerance have already been crushed in the thousands. To rebel again would be foolhardy for such an insignificant matter. If I choose to turn down their request, they shall do as they ought to do: return to their daily lives in service to the Crown and kingdom. As for your so-called declaration of neutrality, I find it disturbing you care more for the fate of your company than your kingdom. I shall keep that in mind in the future.

- His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((What provinces are available?))

To His Majesty

I would like to request the county of Barcelona to become a landed noble

Benjamin Von Alps

((There is a link in the table of contents to a list of screenshots showing the provinces we can colonize.))

JpsioAG.png

The county does indeed need a lord after the recent passing of its previous one, who died without an heir. I shall grant your request then. The county is yours.

- His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

((Providing troops, ships, and money is like the opposite of being neutral. That's actually supporting the loyalists. :p You may also wish to figure these things out with 05, since he has a different direction for the TATC))
((We may or may not be supporting both sides of the war :p. Also, how is offering troops, ships and capital putting their own company before the state?))

((After this vote can we change which side we support? What is the system we are using for the war?))

((Once the vote ends, the sides are set. I'll be creating a custom nation for the rebellion and playing a game over MP with both of them. Because of that, I can't let people change sides once I've started on that, since it'd require me remaking the custom nation as the VP and supporters changed. Seeing as I'd be doing the whole civil war in one update, you wouldn't be able to swap sides partway through either.))

((We may or may not be supporting both sides of the war :p. Also, how is offering troops, ships and capital putting their own company before the state?))

((I was more remarking on your declaration of neutrality. Mentioning a possible rebellion and saying you won't explicitly side with the Crown is pretty insulting to the king. :D))

As every morning, José was out in the ocean doing his daily routine catching mostly medium-sized fish. When he went to the market, he heard rumors of a possible civil war over religious tolerance. José, despite being a true believer, understood the concerns of the heretics and he felt Aragon could be more open towards them giving them some necessary rights. While selling his fish, he noticed that not everybody agreed with his point of view though. Some fish customers wanted to see the heretics dead fearing that the Pope would be most upset otherwise.
In the event of a civil war, José was hoping that the war would spare Crunia so that he could continue his daily routine of catching fish, after all that was his purpose in life.

To All Nobles and Courtiers

The Count of Barcelona invites you to his state to celebrate becoming a landed noble

Benjamin Von Alps count of Barcelona
Sorry, I cannot join, I have to do...

stuff.

- Ferdinant IV de Almeria, Treasurer, merchant, councillor of the TATC

Reactions:
Sorry, I cannot join, I have to do...

stuff.

- Ferdinant IV de Almeria, Treasurer, merchant, councillor of the TATC
Benjamin Von Alps receive a letter from Ferdinant IV de Almeria in reply to his invitation,the letter implied he had better things to do that spend his time at the party that Benjamin having was giving which annoyed Von Alps since he consider himself to be someone who gave excellent parties and to have been insulted this way by Ferdinant was no something that he like but decided to forgive this time but to keep an eye out for future insults as well as look for ways to return the insult.

((my state))
Casa_generalitat_web.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Benjamin Von Alps receive a letter from Ferdinant IV de Almeria in reply to his invitation,the letter implied he had better things to do that spend his time at the party that Benjamin having was giving which annoyed Von Alps since he consider himself to be someone who gave excellent parties and to have been insulted this way by Ferdinant was no something that he like but decided to forgive this time but to keep an eye out for future insults as well as look for ways to return the insult.

((my state))
1920px-Palau_de_la_Generalitat_de_Catalunya_1.jpg
((WITCHCRAFT! WHAT ARE THESE STANDING CHANDELIERS? AND THAT MAGICAL DEVICE THAT THAT ONE MAN HAS IN HIS HANDS?))

Reactions:
That new count of Barcelona was clearly out of his mind. Ferdinant ignored him and went to Crunia, because he heard of some of the best fish in Hispania was there. Well, he had to try it. Taking money with him, he went on his way on the Nueva Crusada to Crunia. He had heard of that one fisherman called José. He hoped that the fish was worth the week. When he finally arrived and found José, he asked him for some of his fish: "Senõr, can I have one of your famed fishes? I shall give you five whole duckats if it's good." After getting the fish, he said: "This is delicious! Here, take the money." Afterwards, Ferdinant found out that he was allergic to fish, or the fish was just that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dear Count Von Alps,

Congratulations on your position, but it is my sincerest regret that I will not be able to attend the celebration. However, I will send my son, Almudena.

Sincerely,
Santoros Hashem

((you like my coat of arms?))

((Are you by any chance ruling from Camp Nou? Please, at least try to find something serious.))

Reactions:

((Yeah, a football/soccer emblem is not the most historically-accurate CoA. Maybe something more the one I posted below is appropriate. You can find tons more by googling Barcelona coat of arms. I just arbitrarily picked one that wasn't a huge size.

ES__Barcelona.gif
))

Reactions:
((to Ferran IV de Trastámara))
Your Majesty,
As a an established fisherman in Crunia, I humbly ask you to be appointed as a merchant of Hispania. I sell only the finest fresh-caught fish at the local market but I believe that I could expand with my fish business into other Hispanian cities. Please consider my request. I hope you will allow me to sell my fish also outside of Crunia as I believe there is a high demand for quality seafood.

Your loyal subject,
José Fulminante