Empire of Sin - Melee Proficiency Tier 6 Ability doesn't work/1.06.0.51066

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RaGumJin95

Recruit
Nov 25, 2021
Short summary of your issue Melee Proficiency Tier 6 Ability doesn't work/1.06.0.51066

Game Version

What platform are you using?
Steam

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
The Tier 6 Melee Proficiency Ability (automatically attack enemy that enters melee range) doesn't work at all with Goldie Garneau.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

Upvote 0
Hey @RaGumJin95, I'm sorry to hear you've encountered an issue. Just a few questions to help us investigate this further from our end:
  • Could you send over a screenshot or recording relating to this, please?
  • Can you recall any specific gameplay steps you took in the lead-up to noticing this?
  • Is this working as intended with other Bosses?
  • Could you send over a player.log and save file relating to this, please? (Information on where to find them on your machine can be found here)
Any extra information you can provide would be a great help to our coders. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the fast reply, getting a recording or a savegame will take a bit of time because i won that specific game and deleted the savegame. So I would need to get another savegame where i have the melee proficiency at tier 6. Probably around 1-2 days until i am at that point again.

Hey @andrewt47, sorry to hear you've encountered this too. Would you mind answering the quesitons below:
  • What platform are you playing on?
  • Can you recall any specific gameplay steps you took in the lead-up to noticing this?
Any extra information you can provide would be great in helping us narrow in on this. Thanks!

Hey @andrewt47, sorry to hear you've encountered this too. Would you mind answering the quesitons below:
  • What platform are you playing on?
Any extra information you can provide would be great in helping us narrow in on this. Thanks!
Hello.

I am playing on Steam. From the start of the game I grinded melee kills with Franky until I got the required number to unlock Melee Proficiency 6. I then went into battles, both outside and indoors, and noticed that the ability doesn't trigger. From my understanding, when you have enemies in melee range, he should auto-attack them with melee weapon. I haven't reached Melee Proficiency 6 with other bosses, or gangsters, so I can't say for sure if it works for other characters.

I created a separate post about this because I noticed that the Revenge ability that enforcer gangsters can learn, doesn't work either. I tried attaching the files requested here but I get the following message: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator