• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General R.

Recruit
Dec 12, 2020
I TRIED EVERYTHING JUST GET BLACKSCREEN UPON PRESSING PLAY IN THE LAUNCER
havent even played a minute
i tried
-reinstall
-verifying game files
-authorising as administrator
-updating graphics drivers

Please attach here the game log:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/RomeroGames/EmpireOfSin/player.log
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

And DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Hi all,
there is a possible workaround.
Do not kill the task with the taskmanager like i did before.
Try this instead:

Workaround:
Press ESC once until you hear sound (if there is no sound).
Press ESC twice with some seconds between.
After that you should see the Mainmenu - screen.

Why?
When starting, the game asks for VS C++ Version 2017 14.10.xxxx witch is nowhere to find in the Net.
I have to cancel twice and the Launcher is starting. After pressing Play the Blackscreen appears.
This is because of the system / engine is not able to run the videos > see Log-File.
Pressing the ESC button is cancelling the videos and the engine is able to go on to the menu.

I have running a lot of other games using C++ or Unity engines without problems on my system.

Cheers
Tolgerson

Attachments

• Player.log
    4,4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: