Empire of Sin - Alcohol displays Infinity storage and -Infinity net production

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Baledin

Recruit
34 Badges
Sep 24, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Empire of Sin
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Short summary of your issue Alcohol displays Infinity storage and -Infinity net production

Game Version
1.06.0.51066 (from launcher, game didn't appear to display version number)

What platform are you using?
Steam

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
After loading a save, my net alcohol production is either NaN or Infinity. As far as NaN, it will usually resolve on reloading the save. However, the Infinity issue is not self-resolving.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Intermittent, load a save game that has the issue and check the Alcohol production.

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Regarding "Pain" (since I don't see a general comments on this form", this effectively breaks the save and I own half of the city and many hours of time have gone into this.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• EmpireOfSin-InfinityBug.PNG
    EmpireOfSin-InfinityBug.PNG
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • EmpireOfSin-InfinityBug-Detail.jpg
    EmpireOfSin-InfinityBug-Detail.jpg
    173,8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Update, I let the game run for a bit to see if any alcohol production updates would correct the problem. It eventually flipped to NaN. Looking at my stores, Rack and Top Shelf were both NaN as if it forgot how much I actually had in storage for those two.

Follow-up (hopefully useful to others). After letting the game run in a NaN state for awhile, on a whim I saved using a new slot and reloaded. This sorted it out for me, meaning that I could finish my game (for now).

Hey @Baledin, I'm sorry to hear you experienced this too! The team is aware of this and is currently looking into it. Glad to hear you have found the workaround in the meantime. Could you perhaps send over a Player.log and save file relating to this, please? it could be helpful for the team. Information on where to find them on your machine can be found here.

Follow-up (hopefully useful to others). After letting the game run in a NaN state for awhile, on a whim I saved using a new slot and reloaded. This sorted it out for me, meaning that I could finish my game (for now).

Thanks you i had exactly the same problem with -infinity / NaN. I followed your advices and it is back to normal now :)

Could you perhaps send over a Player.log and save file relating to this, please?

I did found my player log, but i cannot find any saves (perhaps i play the game via the Xbox PC Game Pass ?)

Attachments

• Player.log
    148,7 KB · Views: 0