• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RGfrank

Private
20 Badges
Dec 31, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello eveyone,

Euhm, I couldn't find any threads related to this (if I missed it please refer me to it). I seem to have the emperor DLC in my steam library, I just added the latest DLCs with the steam summer sales (ultimate bundle), however when I fire up EU4 it shows that I do not own the emperor DLC. I have absolutely no clue how to resolve this. As u can imagine I dont really want to purchase a DLC which I already seem to have...?
Any suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

With regards,
RGfrank166

Attachments

• EU4.png
    EU4.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Emperor needs game patch 1.30 or later. If you are opted into an earlier game version in the Steam Betas tab, it will never work.

If that's not the issue Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.

Emperor needs game patch 1.30 or later. If you are opted into an earlier game version in the Steam Betas tab, it will never work.

If that's not the issue Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.
Appreciate the help.
Followed all steps, didn't work

Is the emperor expansion shown as installed in the DLC tab of the eu4 properties in the steam library? And is it enabled in the DLC section of the launcher?

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

Is the emperor expansion shown as installed in the DLC tab of the eu4 properties in the steam library? And is it enabled in the DLC section of the launcher?

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.
Huh... It wasn't selected in the steam library. I have absolutely no clue why or how but thank you for directing me to the right place.
This solves my problem, thank you very much :)