• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crookback

Revenant
1 Badges
Jan 9, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Okay, this may seem trivial now, but I notice it was never fixed in any patches for HoI2 or its expansions: Egypt should be independent (though a British puppet state) from 1922 onwards, and an independent republic from 1953 onwards.

I only mention it now, so there's no excuses when getting it into the database. :D

Well another thing that should go into the database is that the Portuguese Colonies in India (Goa, Damao and Diu) should be represented along with the French ones (Pondichéry, karikal and Yanaon)

Another thing is that they should correct the Spanish possesions in North Africa, Ceuta and Melilla, oh and BTW it's Villa Sanjurjo not villa Sanjuro Sanjuro looks like Japanese.

Again, it's pointless now, but at least it stays in the database.

Can a mod change this to Database Corrections or something, please?

We can post all our suggestions/fixes regarding overseas borders, here...

Kretoxian said:
Well another thing that should go into the database is that the Portuguese Colonies in India (Goa, Damao and Diu) should be represented along with the French ones (Pondichéry, karikal and Yanaon)

Another thing is that they should correct the Spanish possesions in North Africa, Ceuta and Melilla, oh and BTW it's Villa Sanjurjo not villa Sanjuro Sanjuro looks like Japanese.

I expect with 10000 provinces this will be quite likely!

Jamie550 said:
We're already asking for corrections when we don't even have the files? Surely Johan/whoever the database person is intelligent enough and has a good enough memory to fix this without everyone shouting it everywhere?
We're not shouting, we're helping. :)

Jamie550 said:
But surely they will remember everybody complaining before in HoI2, then research it, then make sure they do it correctly?

Yes we are just reiterating the complaints :p

mandead said:
Okay, this may seem trivial now, but I notice it was never fixed in any patches for HoI2 or its expansions: Egypt should be independent (though a British puppet state) from 1922 onwards, and an independent republic from 1953 onwards.

I only mention it now, so there's no excuses when getting it into the database. :D

According to this theory, alot of India should be puppets, and countless other countries ...

Despite this, the argument for a Qusi-Independent Egypt is probably right.

Make sure Suez remains British.

I'm sure the only reason it is directly british is so that the AI actually defends it.

Ah Egypt's status in HoI. The whole reason I discovered Paradox fora back in 2003. :D

Egypt should be a puppet of ENG, like IRQ

Britain should retain a province/provinces along the actual Suez Canal as directly ruled territory.

OHgamer said:
Ah Egypt's status in HoI. The whole reason I discovered Paradox fora back in 2003. :D

Britain should retain a province/provinces along the actual Suez Canal as directly ruled territory.
Yup. :)

OHgamer said:

And the Raj/Indian States?

Hardstuff said:
And the Raj/Indian States?

If i had my druthers and the power to influence ideas of development, I'd keep India a separate entity (no surprise there - see VIP), but with the ability of the ENG player to assume control over Indian units during wartime if he so chooses. The Indian states would be under Delhi's control.

In fact that is how I'd personally treat all colonial areas - they were not directly micromanaged from London/Paris/Lisbon etc in terms of their day to day administration or development. Leave development of infra/ic/local defense etc in the hands of the local resources, but put the military units the colonies can porduce under the control of the mother country in times of war. Give the mother country first dibs on any IC and materials produced in the colonies (kinda like how in Victoria national POPs get first choice to purchase goods put on the world market).

OHgamer said:
If i had my druthers and the power to influence ideas of development, I'd keep India a separate entity (no surprise there - see VIP), but with the ability of the ENG player to assume control over Indian units during wartime if he so chooses. The Indian states would be under Delhi's control.

In fact that is how I'd personally treat all colonial areas - they were not directly micromanaged from London/Paris/Lisbon etc in terms of their day to day administration or development. Leave development of infra/ic/local defense etc in the hands of the local resources, but put the military units the colonies can porduce under the control of the mother country in times of war. Give the mother country first dibs on any IC and materials produced in the colonies (kinda like how in Victoria national POPs get first choice to purchase goods put on the world market).

I'm pretty sure that is what CORE has done for the most part. At least for British India (and maybe East Africa).

The only problem would be that a lot of colonial areas would have 1-2 IC, which would not be enough to support any development really.