• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(83121)

Major
12 Badges
Aug 29, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
I'm trying to make managing large empires more challenging, but I didn't find a value through which I can change stability's effects on RR. Right now each Stability level reduces RR by 1, but I'd like to make it +3 RR on -3 stab and -3 on +3 stab. Is it possible to change this value somewhere?

Also I want to reduce BB limit and increase basic stability cost by 50%, and I wonder, whether it will have a linear effect on the gameplay or will spoil the balance of the game features in some unpredictable way (I'm careful about those things after playing MMP where all values are usually finetuned and tested to get a certain outcome).

p.s. In my current game OE is frighteningly increasing in size, even with -3 stability (they own Wien in the north and Maghreb/Oman on the south - it's 1550s). It's fun how the manage to go on in such a condition... (vanilla settings)

Oh well, it looks like the game turns a real enigma when it comes to modding affairs :)

Btw, I think any kind of basic modder's manual will be very helpful. Though the files seem to be similar to those of EU3, I feel that I might miss or misunderstand something in code.