• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Arnou
Venice should lose it's COT overtime in the 1600's

I don't think the command for CoT removal works though... in fact, I'm not even sure if it exists...

Originally posted by KwangTiger
The would mean moving the capital of the TO again....

Put the capital in Prussia (Königsberg/Marienburg).

What would be the effect of many more CoTs? We wouldn't be able to change the number of merchants we got, nor their costs, and so the bang of the buck of each merchant would go down. However, we'd also lose quite a few less merchants, and so they'd make money for longer periods of time.

I think the main effect would be to really hurt the AI as the autosend tends to try to get as many merchants as possible in the local COT, and to monopolize any owned COTs. This will be a much less efffective strategy when all the COTs are small, a dispersed approach would work better.

Taking a look at my 1430 scenario, I suggest the following options:
Anglia || Flanders

Isfahan || Basrah && Tabriz

Mecklemburg || Bremen || Holstein
None || Magdeburg
None || Wurttemberg || Ansbach

None || Castilla

None || Manhattan

None || Danzig || Kurland

Delhi || Delhi && Ganges || Kutch && Ganges

Alexandria || Egypt

Ile de France || Ile de France && Lyonnais
|| Ile de France && Poitou || Ile de France && Poitout && Lyonnais

Novgorod || Ingermanland && Nizhgorod

None || Messina || Naples || Fez || Timbuctu

Samarkand || Astrakhan

None || Smyrna || Thrace

None || Svealland || Sjaelland

Those are GREAT suggestions. I don't really understand Magdeburg, but every single other one makes very good sense as reasonable alternatives.

The original IGC allowed for a fantasy Anglia CoT to exist alongside Flandern as well.

But that is an interesting alternate CoT list, and most of them I would like to try in a game, and even the ones I wouldn't, with the exception of the aforementioned Magdeburg I understand.

Originally posted by St. Leo
None || Messina || Naples || Fez || Timbuctu
What's the reasoning behind grouping the first two of these with the latter two? They seem completely unrelated, to my eye; a northwest African Sunni CoT and a south Italian CoT are going to have very little overlap in their provinces. Furthermore, both groups are going to interfere with Ivoria and Genoa/Venice.

I'd split this into

Genoa || Messina || Naples

and

Ivoria || Fez || Fez && Ivoria || Timbuktu.
Ile de France || Ile de France && Lyonnais
|| Ile de France && Poitou || Ile de France && Poitout && Lyonnais
There should also be an option for Poitou && Lyonnais, without Ile de France.

Originally posted by Arnou
Venice should lose it's COT overtime in the 1600's

While we can't destroy a CoT, we can make them diminish over time. Here's Aegnor's post on the subject.

Originally posted by Aegnor

I'm not agree with you : There is a bonus/penalty for each province : it's the CoT Historical Modifier from province.csv file. This parameter influence also the probability of having one appear.

Try to change this value and you will see the CoT growning or reducing in number of provinces.
This is an exemple with Venice in a GC at a same time :
Value Parameter ------> Venice CoT
5 -----------------------> 256
2 -----------------------> 234
0 -----------------------> 185
-3 -----------------------> 129

As you can see, this parameter influences a lot !!

No, we can't hit that with events. But I wasn't aware that we needed to. Just substitute an alternate province.csv and let the game do what it will.

I don't THINK province.csv is accessed after start up. At least when I edit it, the changes only seem to affect games that are started adter the edit, not saved games. This could be wrong though. I don't know where the historical COT modifier is stored in the save game - it might be there.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
I don't THINK province.csv is accessed after start up. At least when I edit it, the changes only seem to affect games that are started adter the edit, not saved games. This could be wrong though. I don't know where the historical COT modifier is stored in the save game - it might be there.

It is indeed stored in the save file. I ran a search through my text editor for the word cot in the .eug file, and found a whole list of cots. :)