• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nax24

Field Marshal
61 Badges
Apr 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
I'm confused on how education works. I have a master warrior and I want to educate my son to that position. When he turns 16 however he becomes a...... MONK!?!? How do I get him to become a warrior and a good one at best?

I'm confused on how education works. I have a master warrior and I want to educate my son to that position. When he turns 16 however he becomes a...... MONK!?!? How do I get him to become a warrior and a good one at best?

This I don't know, EK only uses the vanilla education system now.

Sort of.

The education line of the tutor has a influence, but it's not 100% sure to land you in the same education line. Say, if the tutor is a mage, the kid might end up a Mage, Priest or Nightblade.

I was testing this out with eight children, it seems that there is a degree of random chance between what the education results in. Like Master Knight producing Master Barbarians and Warriors, but they are still of the martial skill tree.

The odd thing to me, was one of the children was educated by a Knight but became a master assassin. That didn't make any sense to me.

I was testing this out with eight children, it seems that there is a degree of random chance between what the education results in. Like Master Knight producing Master Barbarians and Warriors, but they are still of the martial skill tree.

The odd thing to me, was one of the children was educated by a Knight but became a master assassin. That didn't make any sense to me.

That's likely due to Master Assassin having an equal chance of coming out for an "Intrigue" or a "Martial" education (since it provides equal boosts to both stats).