• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Drac_PC-Gamer

Recruit
20 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hello Old Friends

I posted the below in the HoI-I Mod forum - but since this old girl doesn't get out that much - thought I should post it here so that it gets better visibility.

Someone from back in the day has to still have a Totally Updated collection - I feel so sad that I all I have is the postings (all 2 inch thick printout) and didn't save the downloads.

But like my life - I have had a few hard drive and computer issues since than - and what I have is what I have.

But these need to be made available by someone - please. . .

Read on if you want to know more - but if you have them ask for my email and send them or let us know a good link to download them.

Thanks for listening and your help,

Earl

Below Cross Posted in the Mod Folder:

I am slowly getting my life back in order and with it comes good memories of the old days - before everything went to shit.

My current life doesn't allow me to enjoy all the new pc hardware and software that is out - and to be honest what I have is just fine - my health (even when it is more off than on).

With that said my HOI-1 is pretty much like it was oh so long ago - but I am missing Dr Rare Spirt Packs. I have a copy about 2 inches thick of his release/update messages from the old Stony Road forums. But with Sony no longer active - I don't have them saved anywhere.

Henrik has provided a think a 80% solution but I have just started going over what he sent versus the release/updates from above and doesn't seem to be complete.

Someone from the 'Good Old' days has to still visit these forums - I am not asking you to post anything but asking me for my email address should be OK by private message.

Or if you are nice - maybe just letting me and others know a site that still have them posted - or if you would be so kind to post them and let me (and others) know so we can take advantage of your hosting time.

Seems links drop off over time - and these updates for the Classic should remain available for use not just as a memory.

Dr Rare if you are out there - THANK you so much - you got me back into Stony oh so long ago - only for me to have a relapse - and when I came back your gone - but not forgotten - may you and your 'Spirt' packs live on forever.

Thanks for your help - in advance - as someone has to have them.

Earl

Hi All.

Used to play and did some help with Rare and Bestmajor under the name Monash.
I'll drop in to the HOI1 forum from time to time to check out if I can assist anyone.

I do have quite a lot of the mods (TGW, CORE, Historic Stoney Road) and many of Rare's sprites (though by no means all).

Anyway... HOI 1 On!

Does anyone know if you can play Hearts of Iron 1 on Windows 10?
Also where can you get all of the patches? I believe there was 1.02, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.05c????
I never played Stoney road and was only interested in HOI 1.
I followed Dr. Rare also and have alot of Hoi files (sprites and add-ons) but it's on my old computer with Windows 7 hard drive that is attached to a dead motherboard. I'm going to try to switch it out.
I remember he used to sign his posts with, "....just popping around the world in my Zeppelin."

I've scored the interweb like the rest of you but can't find much.

GG

Does anyone know if you can play Hearts of Iron 1 on Windows 10?
Also where can you get all of the patches? I believe there was 1.02, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.05c????
I never played Stoney road and was only interested in HOI 1.
I followed Dr. Rare also and have alot of Hoi files (sprites and add-ons) but it's on my old computer with Windows 7 hard drive that is attached to a dead motherboard. I'm going to try to switch it out.
I remember he used to sign his posts with, "....just popping around the world in my Zeppelin."

I've scored the interweb like the rest of you but can't find much.

GG
Re windows 10 - no idea.
the game on disc should be patched to 1.06C I believe unless you have a very early version.
However:
Good news of a sort...
Some time ago (some years) I burnt lots of Rare's sprites to disc.
Sadly some of the disc's/sectors are no longer readable
but at the moment I have managed to retrieve 59 sprites off one disc.
I have also retrieved 19 TGW sprites
At the moment I am busily grabbing what I can off discs. (another disc to check yet).

I'll look to upload some/all (as they are small files) either latter today or tomorrow.

Ok.. Here are MOST of the sprites I could recover from my 2 rotten discs.
These are as is. I have tried NOT to include any folders where part of it was unrecoverable.
Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English,Finnish, French, German, etc, (lots of nationalities).
Most of these should also contain Dr. Rares installation Notes.
So hope it helps!.

Attachments

• Rares_Sprites.rar
    4,9 MB · Views: 13