• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ekrapes

Recruit
Jul 2, 2020
I would have posted this on steam if I could figure out how.
Reticently steam shutdown Steam workshop downloader io. I purchased my version of Stellaris through
GOG and used that site to get mods from steam. The alternative is to use steamworkshop download . Ok, except when I try to download
certain things it won't let me.
Example.

Screenshot (26).png

I get this

Screenshot (27).png
No down load link.
Or
Screenshot (28).png
I get the link but it downloads the 3.2 version of UI Overhaul Dynamic. It seems to be blocking the latest mods.
I also tried the SteamCMD. It also only downloads old outdated mods. BTW I do have a steam account, I even put $5.00 in it,
but since I don't own any games through steam, I can't post anything on steam anywhere. I can't even find a way to ask the mods
creator to please upload their work to Paradox mods.

Anybody know anything about this??? Any other way to download mods from steam??? How to contact steam??? ect?

Steam do not want non-Steam customers to be able to access their Workshop or other proprietary features, quite understandably. We're not going to help you get around that I'm afraid!

Our intent is that GoG users use our alternative site https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/

As how to encourage mod creators to post their mods on our site, I guess you could either buy one game from Steam, or ask a friend or relative who is a Steam customer to do that for you.

Good luck!