• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Debate time...

Do I do the following:

[A] Try to invade the Soviet Union with my limited manpower.
Conduct a limited offensive into the Soviet Union.
[C] Fight elsewhere.
[D] Hope I build nukes before the AI does.
[E] Declare war on any nation I'm not at war with.
[F] All of the above.

TekcoR said:
But we'll see what happens to France soon...debating if I really want to create a puppet state thats smaller, cause honestly I can't even attempt throwing off the USSR if I can only send like 30 divisions from the western front...

Do not puppet, you'll have the full IC and you'll be able to build what you desire, not what the French AI thinks it needs. The ability to build tanks and mechanized infantry should be worth the price of a dozen Garrisons or Foot Infantry divisions to force the Resistance into hiding.

Originally Posted by TekcoR
Debate time...

Do I do the following:

[A] Try to invade the Soviet Union with my limited manpower.
Conduct a limited offensive into the Soviet Union.
[C] Fight elsewhere.
[D] Hope I build nukes before the AI does.
[E] Declare war on any nation I'm not at war with.
[F] All of the above.

More importantly, where are the threats right now? You've basically subdued France and have an easily defensible Spain, and (if I remember what you said correctly) that is preferable to an occupied Spain so you don't have to garrison it. What are the prospects in this game for a puppeted Spain so that you can free up forces that would otherwise be guarding the Spanish frontier? In that case, you could even use Spanish troops to guard the French coast.

So, my vote goes to taking Spain and then turning east to fight a limited offensive into the Soviet Union. Once your only theater to fight in is the Soviet Union, then in my opinion, you can invade it wholesale.

I also support the puppeting of Spain, and then an offensive against the Soviet Union. How is the situation in North Africa? You might consider retaking the Mediterranean and then attacking the Soviet Union through the Caucasus and central Asia.

Silence

The New Year began with the daily bombing raid over German cities, this time focusing mostly on Berlin; which had little affect on the moral of the German people. To the majority of the populace, January 1st, 1944 would be just another day in the many more to come. Soon things would change, the Luftwaffe was regaining its strength, in addition, massive anti-aircraft defensive belts were being built in strategic areas to inflict massive amounts of damage to the incoming bombers.

The middle of the month soon approached and business was back to normal, preparing for the upcoming planned offensive against the USSR. There is no doubt in Oberkommando der Wehrmacht’s mind that the Axis forces are heavily out numbered by the Soviet forces; however the majority of German troops have more experience than their Soviet counterparts. To improve on the numbers, two infantry divisions were stripped from the heavily secured sections of Denmark and transferred to East Prussia.

The next phase of crunching numbers began with the reorganization of the Bulgarian Army; which would free up German divisions from defensive duties in occupied Rumania. The reorganization would be completed by the 26th of March, 14 Bulgarian divisions took the place of 8 German divisions.

While the reorganization of the Bulgaria’s army progressed, Hungary would soon send the rest of its armed forces, numbering sixteen divisions to relieve German troops in Rumania. When the Hungarian reorganization was complete, an additional eight German divisions were redeployed along the Eastern Front. By the end of March 1944, Axis forces totaled 203 divisions on the Eastern Front, (173 German, 16 Hungarian, and 14 Bulgarian).

In a minor note, on April 1st, one division assigned for garrison duty was redeployed from the Eastern Front after receiving an extra bridge of anti-aircraft guns. In addition, the division’s name was changed to the Festung Stralsund Division.

TekcoR said:
In a minor note, on April 1st, one division assigned for garrison duty was redeployed from the Eastern Front after receiving an extra bridge of anti-aircraft guns. In addition, the division’s name was changed to the Festung Stralsund Division.
I have a feeling that's not going to stay minor

I, Ho, Iberia!

As the expected launch date for the invasion of the Soviet Union neared, the Allies would launch their own offensive creating a hiatus for the majority of the Wehrmacht. On April 23rd, the Allies began their offensive with a massive artillery and aerial bombardment centered against the German divisions in Spain. Fearing the worst, twelve mountain divisions and additional paratrooper support were deployed from the Eastern Front.

Although the redeploying divisions would have little offensive impact in the invasion of the Soviet Union, it was decided that by securing the Iberian front additional divisions could be reassigned to the Eastern Front. It was hoped that a quick and precise invasion of Spain and Portugal would keep the majority of Spanish forces in tact.

As April 24th neared its end, the Allied offensive began to fizzle against the more experienced German troops; who launched their own counter-offensive quickly routing Allied armies who were compromised of mostly Canadians and Spaniards. By April 27th, Castellon was in German hands and the Iberian Front resumed to a stalemate.

On May 11th and 12th, paratroops and mountain divisions had arrived from the Eastern Front and began joining in an all out offensive against the weakening Allied forces. The majority of resistance ceased on May 21st, as German troops were advancing with little to no fighting occurring, even aerial bombardments had become scare; though the Luftwaffe was no where to be seen.

On May 28th, 1944 the assault on Madrid began, but by the 4th of June it was well within German hands and the first discussion of peace began with the Spanish government, whose armed forces remained largely intact, though retreating. On June 7th, the Spanish government refused the initial German peace offer; however a week later the government accepted a more favorable agreement. Spain was to receive Portugal and the British prize of Gibraltar.

At the beginning of July, German troops began withdrawing from the Iberian Front as Spanish army units began taking over key defensive positions through out the country. Spain had produced another quick victory that lifted the morale of the Reich, in addition the total armed forces of the Axis raised; though the majority of the Spanish troops quality is questionable. The most interesting episode of the Iberian Campaign was the fact that a Canadian corps of four infantry and one armored division pledged their allegiance to the Reich.

61244qg4.jpg

The new questionable Spanish ally, before the invasion of Portugal and Gibraltar.
Censoring provided by the Reichs Ministry of Professionalism.

Waiting for the offensive against the Soviets...

SEG-CISR said:
Quite some progress you've made. Pwned France, brought Spain into the Axis, got to the boot's ankle...
I hope so