• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You don't actually need to buy anything, though. I think they struck an excellent balance - you get enough gold from combat and quests that you'll never need to buy more, but you also don't feel like it's abundant, and you have to work for it just enough so that it doesn't feel like mindless grinding either.

Yes the game does have microtransactions and thus I would avoid it. Personally waiting for my refund myself since this crap wasn't even mentioned.

Also people it doesn't matter if you don't have to use it or not, the fact that the game has a store like that means the whole game is designed with one thing in mind which can easily be seen in game as everything costs gold.

Yes the game does have microtransactions and thus I would avoid it. Personally waiting for my refund myself since this crap wasn't even mentioned.

Also people it doesn't matter if you don't have to use it or not, the fact that the game has a store like that means the whole game is designed with one thing in mind which can easily be seen in game as everything costs gold.

As someone who has played through the game and avoids microtransactional games at all costs, I disagree. Playing without them, it feels like any other MMO would in terms of your gear and skills. You have one character who you can afford to max out while the others are 50/50 in gear. Microtransactions in this game would just feel like cheating, making the game way to easy and ruining that balance. Even deciding to farm gold for 20 minutes got me so much of an advantage that every battle was a cakewalk.

This game feels like it was designed for no microtransactions and they were added on last second as a "why not". If someone wants to support the company for an easymode game, let them. Ruins the experience for me and many others.

If there were microtransactions required for characters, classes and storylines, I would tend to agree.

Yea I'm sure traveling would come with a cost if there was no cash shop... Also the whole blacksmith cash dump is also a blatant addition to make people buy money. If you can't see these things I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious to someone who has played a lot of games.

What are you talking about? Yes, there is a shop to buy gold with $, but it might as well not be there since you don't need to click that button ever.

If anyone has bought gold, I would find them silly. There really is no need to do it. I've grinded a bit, but it isn't exactly hard, I can get 200-300 gold if you throw in 7 Elites and kill em all at once. I'm sure there are ways to get more gold too. Kinda weird MT's are even in it, but I haven't even looked at buying gold in this game.

Shame! Shame!

Oh, c'mon. Have you guys experienced something bad playing Zynga games? Seriously, it seems you guys think the gold that the game gives is a different gold, that you can't get just fighting monsters. Even if the game had no option to buy coins, you still could just grind gold - And, with a overpowered mage and a tanker, really, you do it fast.

The game has microtransactions in a better way than Diablo 3 has them. It has an in game gold store, that you can ignore the whole time.

It's not a F2P anymore, so they don't need you to buy gold. They want you to buy gold, obviously, but it's far from a necessity. For those who are whining, stop it, please. Play the game, ignore the shop, stop being so childish.

*cough* bunch of self-entitled babies *cough*

This company is doing the microtransactions in a very responsible manner, particularly ensuring that they are unnecessary for the average player.

But, of course we can't allow them for ANYONE at all, or else the world will end and Paradox will turn into Zynga.

*cough* bunch of self-entitled babies *cough*

This company is doing the microtransactions in a very responsible manner, particularly ensuring that they are unnecessary for the average player.

But, of course we can't allow them for ANYONE at all, or else the world will end and Paradox will turn into Zynga.
I think customers are entirely entitled to give feedback on what they like and don't like about a game; and I think the vitriolic reaction to these microtransactions has shown that PC gamers, in general, loathe the idea of microtransactions in PC games.

Personally I hate seeing that button there -- seeing it for the first time felt like a sucker-punch to the gut. Paying a typical PC price for a game and then having it constantly trying to gouge you for more money while you play? I don't care if it's never necessary -- in fact, the fact that it's never necessary makes it even worse for me. I don't mind DLC or if it's trying to sell me content! But trying to sell me virtual gold? It's insulting; it makes it feel like the game is designed for suckers, like the devs feel that I'm a sucker for playing it. It gives the whole game an unprofessional, smarmy sort of feel, simply by being there.

I would never have purchased the game if I knew it had microtransactions; and I certainly intend to go out of my way to voice my concerns on review sites, forums, and similar locations so other players can be warned. The company has the right to do whatever terrible things to their games that they want; but consumers have the right to vote with their wallets and go somewhere else, and in order to do that, they need a fair warning that the company is doing pathetic things like this with their games.

Maybe you don't think it's a big deal; that's your call. But other people do, and there's nothing "self-entitled" about wanting to spend your money on a game that fits your tastes. A game that constantly presents me with a button asking me to spend real-life money for virtual gold absolutely does not fit my tastes, and never will; and I know that many other people feel the same way.