Does game tell you when you've completed a victory condition?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Owlshine

Recruit
Mar 14, 2019
I met the conditions for the Federation Victory but I haven't received any kind of notification...the game just slogs on and on and on. It's boring because I'm playing a peaceful campaign and there aren't any more events or anything to do but auto research. I feel like I should have received at least an in-game announcement saying "Yay! You've completed the Federation Victory!"...or something?

I met the conditions for the Federation Victory but I haven't received any kind of notification...the game just slogs on and on and on. It's boring because I'm playing a peaceful campaign and there aren't any more events or anything to do but auto research. I feel like I should have received at least an in-game announcement saying "Yay! You've completed the Federation Victory!"...or something?

Good question, I have no idea. I don't think I have ever won a game, I don't follow the victory conditions. I have my own victory conditions, which are to enslave everyone before the entire galaxy turns on me and last until the year 3500, needless to say I'm not there yet but I'm close.

It should notify you when at least the first victory condition is achieved (by that I mean that if you continue to play and later achieve other conditions I don't know if you should expect further notifications). I got the one where you own a certain number of planets and it definitely told me.

Perhaps there is an issue/bug related to the Federation one. I assume when you say you met the conditions that the victory conditions tab under the situation screen says you have, is it perhaps a rounding error or an off by one error (e.g. I think it's 60% of planets for Federation, if there were 101 planets that would be 60.6 but it might show you have 60/60 when you really need one more).

There should be a pop up telling you what victory you have completed. You can either continue playing your game or quit. In your situation log click RB to go to Victory and see what you need for other victorys. The game never actually ends, you can basically play for as long as you want. I mean, if you haven't gotten you end game crisis yet, you could always wait and prepare for that.

The Victory screen for the federation Victory will appear only if you are currently the president, otherwise you have to wait for the presidency to rotate back to you.

Good question, I have no idea. I don't think I have ever won a game, I don't follow the victory conditions. I have my own victory conditions, which are to enslave everyone before the entire galaxy turns on me and last until the year 3500, needless to say I'm not there yet but I'm close.
This is how to play the game. Ignore the "victory conditions", they were tacked on out of some sort of misguided, "well, it's partly a 4X game, and they have victory conditions right?" They won't be there for much longer anyway, so don't obsess unless you're hunting an achievement or something.