Do Paradox begin with work on new Expansion?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can almost guarantee you they started work on the next expansion before they even released BBA. That work would have mostly been planning along the lines of this is what we want to include (and NOT include) and not coding the actual changes since they have to wait for a stable base (i.e, finish the HotFixes first) before working on the code.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well after guessing Malta correctly a while back....

let's see...

I predict Ulm will get a NF tree

• 5Haha
Reactions:
based on the way they do dlc's ... I predict that we get something with new planes, tanks or ships just before summer and a new dlc at the end of 2023. But I am not sure about the content.
I would love to see some kind of min play with the grand play. So lets say you are doing a battle and then got your min battle play as a zoom in on the battle field. But maybe that will be HOI5?

Have seen this on/with other games before and it really awesome. A game in a game. And to my believe something that would extend the way your a pulled into the game. Like most of my battle are going now...

Last edited:
Might just be my lack of imagination, but I'm not sure what other aspects of warfare PDX has yet to explore. Maybe a more robust diplomacy and/or economy/trade system? I'd like to see them take another run at naval warfare, although they tend not to redo DLCs. The only other thing that comes to mind is possibly Wunderwaffe, although that wouldn't be enough for it's own DLC I don't think.

There is just enough stuff for one more expansion. We will get it divided into at least two more expansions. This is supposed to make more sales and also to buy time until HoI 5 - which most likely already is in an early stage of development - will be announced.

At the earliest I guess we can see teasers by Janurary 2023, and latest is around early Summer. It's pretty much most likely going to be a Nordic Pack because Finland is the last interesting WW2 member in Europe that DOESNT do anything and the devs have stated that Finland would be bundled with a Scandinavian Pack... which I don't like but oh well can't win them all I suppose.

That would leave us with only Ireland, Albania, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria left and considering they might just give focus trees to all of Europe, I can say that we might have an Austrian Related DLC with the last 4, and maybe give Ireland like some stuff.

OTTOMH Paradox has said they're keen to update
  • Diplomacy
  • Internal politics and ideology
  • Defensive warfare
  • Wunderwaffen
As well as focus trees for most nations that have none.
I also got the feeling from BBA they want to do more with airforces, like marshals and air groups, and BBA was laying the foundation.

There is just enough stuff for one more expansion. We will get it divided into at least two more expansions. This is supposed to make more sales and also to buy time until HoI 5 - which most likely already is in an early stage of development - will be announced.
Just see below, enough for many dlc's. HOI5 will only be there when they need a new engine to run the game. Not sure when the current one is "end of live". But looking at software development I would say ... in about 3 or 4 year we will see HOI5 (10 years is normally for most software before a company moves to the next major version like HOI5)
OTTOMH Paradox has said they're keen to update
  • Diplomacy
  • Internal politics and ideology
  • Defensive warfare
  • Wunderwaffen
As well as focus trees for most nations that have none.
I also got the feeling from BBA they want to do more with airforces, like marshals and air groups, and BBA was laying the foundation.
Agree and I have seen some nice suggestions like mini games in the normal "big" game.