• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Reigntall

Recruit
Oct 17, 2013
I am playing via Xbox PC Gamepass. I have played on my primary PC with purchased DLC with no issue. I also have the game downloaded with the DLCs on a second PC which I sparingly have used. Before in the past - about six months ago - it worked fine. Now, after a while since last using the secondary PC, the game launches without DLC.

I have double checked in the launcher. There all the expansions are marked with the green tab 'Enabled' (screenshot 1) and it is the full list of DLCs I own. But when the game itself launches and I go to start a new game, all the circle icons are greyed out and hovering over them it says 'not owned' (screenshot 2)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and the same issue occurs.

Attachments

• EU4 screenshot 1.png
    EU4 screenshot 1.png
    249,6 KB · Views: 0
  • EU4 screenshot 2.png
    EU4 screenshot 2.png
    3,9 MB · Views: 0
Sorry, are you saying this happens on both machines you tried? Or just one and not the other?

Only on one machine. The machine it was working on is currently in for repairs so I cannot confirm it currently there. But I mentioned it as it seems to be a machine issue not account issue.

Though now, reading other situations with DLC, I deleted all of my files beyond just doing an uninstall. Reintalled game + all DLC and now the launcher is not showing the DLCs at all.

I did get this from one affected Gamepass user:

In case anyone else had issues when they purchased from gamepass.
It shows no downloads and the dlc by itself looks like you need to purchase it.
Click the dlc and click the purchase.
It’ll change and say you own this already.
Click the same box that now says you own this already and it’ll ask you to download it.
Do the download and boom it finally adds
You need to do it for all DLC downloads.

Please let us know if that helps you!

Not quite clear where I should be doing those steps.

SC1 is from the game pass app. on the DLC page there is no 'box' showing that I need to purchase it as opposed to the buy button that would normally exist there.

SC2 is from the microsoft store app where I can install (reinstall) the DLC, which I have done a few times.

SC3 is from the microsoft store brower page which also has an install button that leads to SC4 notification popping out that directs me to the xbox app.

And SC5 is how it looks in the launcher now when I go on the DLC tab

Attachments

• SC1_xboxapp.png
    SC1_xboxapp.png
    966,6 KB · Views: 0
  • SC2_storeapp.png
    SC2_storeapp.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • SC3_storebrowser.png
    SC3_storebrowser.png
    891,7 KB · Views: 0
  • SC4_storebrowsernote.png
    SC4_storebrowsernote.png
    135,6 KB · Views: 0
  • sc5_launcher.png
    sc5_launcher.png
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Well, I'm just passing on what a user found helped them, I can't actually do this myself as I don't have the problem!

What do you see in the Xbox app?