• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder if this only occurs for the CHI tag, of it would affect whoever asian power rules Chinese lands.

In other words, as Japan, if I unite the Islands and then say, inherit China, would I gain the Factions penalties?

I would love to know more about the actual scripting of factions and how modable they are.

I would love to know more about the actual scripting of factions and how modable they are.

Read Johan's posts on the subject in this thread.

-Pat

So what decides if a country has access to the faction system? Is it a line in a history/country/ text file? Is it possible to enable and disable the faction system through custom decisions? I'd prefer it to be linked to the governments file, to be quite honest. Link it to the Celestial Empire government type and make it so modders can add it to different government types too.

Read Johan's posts on the subject in this thread.

-Pat

Which doesn't provide us with that much information. I'd like to know how much modders can tinker aorund with the system. What modifiers can factions have? Can they only be country specific, or can they be contingent on other factors, such as government, religion, culture, technology? For example, could there a 'church' faction that only exists if you're Catholic? Also, what are the different modifiers that can promote or impede the influence of factions?

Last edited:
Which doesn't provide us with that much information. I'd like to know how much modders can tinker aorund with the system. What modifiers can factions have? Can they only be country specific, or can they be contingent on other factors, such as government, religion, culture, technology? For example, could there a 'church' faction that only exists if you're Catholic? Also, what are the different modifiers that can promote or impede the influence of factions?

First of all, the Faction system is only meant for "China". They gave no indication for other countries. Second, the modifiers that influence factions have already been mentioned. Namely, sliders and rulers.

First of all, the Faction system is only meant for "China". They gave no indication for other countries. Second, the modifiers that influence factions have already been mentioned. Namely, sliders and rulers.

To the point that its only for China:

Factions are all defined in a common\factions.txt with all rules and benefits.

A faction can be used for alot of countries.

Obviously, when DW ships, it will only be used for China. What I'm curious about is what can modders do with this system. Are they restricted to creating factions for China, England, Persia, etc. and so on, or can they conceivably make factions that exist dependent on whether or not a nation is Catholic or Protestant?

And as for the modifiers, I'm curious if those are the only ones possible. Will the code make it possible for a modder to go in and give, say, the Chinese Temple faction a boost if you hire a Missionary? Or decrease the Chinese Bureaucrat faction's influence if, say, stability is negative?

This is an awesome system that those that want to mod the game could have a field day with, and I would love to know what the bounds of it might be.

False; they gave one indication for other countries - that it should be possible for modders to add factions to any countries they want without taking them away from China. Which kind of makes the "It's only meant for China!" point quite besides the point in a discussion of what modders can do.