• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King said they won't.

c.f.

I read that differently, Prussian Nationalists and Saxon Nationalists won't fight and Prussian Patriots and Saxon Patriots won't fight, and by extension Sunni Zealots and Catholic Zealots won't fight but Patriots will fight Nationalists will fight Zealots.

What happens if two rebels fight eachother and your army enters the province?

I've seen in the past (at least in IN, haven't had a chance to test in HTTT) that any army that enters the same province as an enemy army fighting rebels will be destroyed upon the end of the opponent's battle.

Regardless of morale or numbers apparently: I've had 15k 100% morale armies with a decent commander be destroyed by a 14k (12k losses), 10% morale army of lesser tech. Both enemies had faced severe losses yet instead of fighting demoralized troops, my army simply disbanded. It would make more sense if you either choose a side to support in the battle, or simply wait and fight the winner as you would normally (and yes, this is abusable to quickly beat low morale forces obviously).

I'm pretty sure this bug is now fixed, the 3rd army to enter the province will sit and wait paitently for the first two to duke it out and the challenge the winner.

Did any dev actually say this? :confused:
He's gonna bloooow! :p:D

Way to get free posts, by the way. ;)
Later pretender armies have always risen in support of the "main" pretender.

Also double posting I get, but *7? :p
I suppose that that makes sense, and renders his multi-posting no longer useful. :D

I read that differently, Prussian Nationalists and Saxon Nationalists won't fight and Prussian Patriots and Saxon Patriots won't fight, and by extension Sunni Zealots and Catholic Zealots won't fight but Patriots will fight Nationalists will fight Zealots.
That's what I meant. Patriots and nationalists are different "types" of rebels, but
they can have common goals. King said that 2 different rebel-stacks of one type
(nationalist) won't fight each other, but for a game engine nationalists and patriots
are two different types.

The thing about catholic and protestant religious rebels is interesting, too.
This is a good example of how hard the job of programmers is because they have
to think of all possibilities ... and there are many possible things that can happen !!!
my respect btw :D

I thought I read in some of the original Promo material/announcements that this expansion was scheduled for mid December 2010. But now, I can find nothing on a release date. I don't know if that was withdrawn or changed or is simply hard to find (or I was hallucinating).

Now that I can post properly again:

Plenty of good changes there. I'm really hoping the trade winds will have the intended effect this time around, they're a great idea that just didn't play out the way they should. It's good to see the changes to rebels too, although I feel there's more room there for improvements. Still, it sounds like there will be enough small tweaks to make up for the lack of a killer feature - and it's not like there's no good stuff there, trade seems intriguing, as do the hordes.

I'm very open to humor :D

We saw the same posting problem in the OT earlier so it appears to be a forum fault rather then your connection.

Are you going to implement Croatia in personal union with Hungary ?

Hmm, that could be, indeed. Hopefully they will make some sensible rules for who fights who.

We have also increased the cap on the number envoys, i.e. magistrates, colonists etc. that you can store. You can now have 9 of each, meaning you can save up more magistrates before that next wave of buildings comes along.

Finally! ;)

Some very interesting improvements. Although I'm undecided on your HRE change I definitely like that rebels will fight now for their own cause against all offenders. The colonisation tweaks sound promising, too.

It would be nice to be able to get different kinds of pretenders, like you can get different types of heretics (E.g., Waldensian, Hussite, Quaker, Anabaptist...). They could be taken from the dynasty list, i.e., England in crisis would get York pretenders, Lancaster pretenders and so on. This would be mainly important for hordes. Of course it wouldn't be completely accurate (Most horders ended up with pretenders from the same dynasty fighting each other for the throne) but it would be nice.

There's two little numbers on the lower left with a HRE symbol and a Papal symbol, what do these represent? These seem new.

They were noted by people in earlier dev diaries too. It was assumed by several people that they showed Papal Influence and Imperial Authority.

Looking at the magistrate icons, I notice that only some have their total number in green, indicating that they're at their maximum. Meanwhile, spies are green, even though there's only 5. Shall I presume screwiness due to this still being an incomplete build?

It would be nice to be able to get different kinds of pretenders, like you can get different types of heretics (E.g., Waldensian, Hussite, Quaker, Anabaptist...). They could be taken from the dynasty list, i.e., England in crisis would get York pretenders, Lancaster pretenders and so on. This would be mainly important for hordes. Of course it wouldn't be completely accurate (Most horders ended up with pretenders from the same dynasty fighting each other for the throne) but it would be nice.

Well, remember York and Lancaster were fundamentally the same dynasty to start with, and only split to the two "families" we are used to due to a usurpation of the throne.
It sounds interesting as an idea, but we already sort of get this with the surnames of the main pretender (usually leading the 1st pretender army). These should be from the dynasty list.

Moving swiftly along to rebels. We have made two changes to them, one cosmetic and one rather major. Each Rebel type now has a unique flag, which means at a glance you can see that all rebels are the same. Once you learn the flags you will be able prioritize the pretenders and zealots over the angry peasants. Rebels now also fight each other. Pretenders no longer help nationalists break up the kingdom they are trying to claim.

Now the tribal crises are more easy to manage?

Well, they didn't actually say what would happen with Hordes when nationalists appear. Do they break? Do the revolting countries get any cores? How do you handle cores on horde territory, etc...

Educated guesses:

1. If by "breaking" you mean splintering into smaller countries, then yes. Provinces can still be "occupied" so it stands to reason that the succession mechanism works the same. These provinces aren't involved with any sort of treaty.

2. About revolting countries getting cores, of course they do! How dare you call those Hordes revolting! :)

3. I think cores on horde territory are handled much the same as before. Probably no more CB since you're already at war with them but the practical benefits of a core would still be given once you've "civilized" the province.