• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Serathion

Captain
25 Badges
Feb 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Magicka 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Hello!

War's over and I want to disband my faction as their leader. Since one cannot do that as long as there are others in that faction, is there some nifty way around that with the console that I cannot seem to find? Or can I declare another country the new leader of the axis?

Thanks in advance.

If you take control of the other members in your faction, you can manually leave the faction until you're alone. Then you should be able to disband the faction. It's a bit stupid you don't have the ability to push other members out of the faction if you're at peace.

Sadly, this does not work. When I switch to another nation, there is no button to leave the faction. We are not at war anymore, so this shouldnt be the problem.

Sure. Here you go:

Attachments

• 20160806141246_1.jpg
    20160806141246_1.jpg
    485,8 KB · Views: 663
Silly question, but that screenshot just shows the main game screen to me.
Did you look in the diplomacy screens for both you and the faction leader? I forget which but there should be an option in one of those.

I think I found it: you have to use the 'Leave Faction' button which appears on the diplomacy screen of the faction leader.

Here's a screenshot:

hoi4_2.png

Now I feel like a clown. You are correct, there is an option to leave the faction as diplomatic choice. I expected it to be next to the faction name in the main screen, since that's where the "disband faction" button is located. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help!