• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

J1ffst3r

Private
24 Badges
May 25, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV
I always feel a little deflated when finish a game and simply getting that simple scoreboard. Would prefer a more descriptive end screen with multiple stat. Things like total causulties, most kills, best general, (and worst general), total planes/ships/tanks built, total planes/ships/tanks lost that sort of thing. It would give a real perspective of how the wars went, how big a 'kerfuffle' took place over the period.

I am also mystified why there isn't a timelapse of the map in the style of civ or total war, as I love watching how things played out over the game, especially as you can see what was happening in areas you were not paying attention too.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Not to mention how meaningless the score is in most cases; well never for me at least

Examples :

"As in previous game, final score is total joke. France is 4th, smaller score than Russia it defeated, even though France had major war score against Axis and Comintern (88 % ! Almost alone), even thought France is the faction leader of almost the whole world.
20180223183011_1.jpg

"So here came the scoreboard….
Poland that kicked both Germany and USSR, marching in Berlin and Moscow…, head of the one of the two winning factions? Nowhere to be seen.

20180218123944_1.jpg

No. The first on the score is Rossija. The one that has just been defeated. Apparently everyone felt it should go out of the war with all his factories, weapons and troops. Please Paradox, handle all this crap before any further DLC."

1590844011261.png

20180211213705_1
"I must say the proposed score is a joke. It evaluates your strength at the endgame. So someone that only built troops and never used them – UK, for instance (to be fair, they actually used them against lonely minor democracies). It does not take into account, for example, that you created a faction that was instrumental into removing two other major factions."

• 2Like
Reactions:
There's an end screen?
I guess I've never finished a game in my 3500 hours of HoI4.

Tropico 1 had a great end screen by summarizing your play style.
The Civ historical person ranking starting with Dan Quayle and the fast recap of the map over time.

HoI4 could use a Power BI dashboard with nicely illustrated stats and a timeline.

There's an end screen?
I guess I've never finished a game in my 3500 hours of HoI4.
You don't need to wait until the end, whenever that might be...
You can see the "end screen" at any time by displaying the Main Menu (Esc) and choosing the 'Exit to Menu' option. This will show the "end screen" with your score at that point in time.

Caution: this will quit your current game, after giving you a chance to save, so it's better to try it when you are about to exit to desktop because you are done with your current play session. This doesn't end your game in any way, you can then resume it later by loading a save like you usually do.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself as a customer, I've never considered Paradox games to be about end screens. But that's a personal opinion that I'm sure is not shared by everyone. I prefer open-ended games that I choose who is wining and losing, and I hardly ever consider the game score for any reason. Being a sexagenarian kid at heart (no, it's not about sex look it up :p ) I put a lot of my imagination into the games I play. Always have, always will.

elvis-thx.jpg