• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

S_Stackpole

Corporal
7 Badges
Oct 9, 2003
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
Hi. I'm experiencing, since a long time ago now, a disapearing unit problem.
It seems that sometime a unit's or (division's) icon stays on the map, but when we select it, only the leader remians. We cannot get rid of it, because no unit command is seen (like disband). We have to merge it with another unit, then it disapears. I think the problem may be that when the strenght reaches 0, the unit not always disapear like it should...
I have 1.06c, with CORE 0.83 installed. Did anyone ever experienced that behavior? I may need to reinstall, but I'm in that game now...

You say we is this an MP only problem?

S_Stackpole said:
Hi. I'm experiencing, since a long time ago now, a disappearing unit problem.
It seems that sometime a unit's or (division's) icon stays on the map, but when we select it, only the leader remains. We cannot get rid of it, because no unit command is seen (like disband). We have to merge it with another unit, then it disappears. I think the problem may be that when the strength reaches 0, the unit not always disappear like it should...
I have 1.06c, with CORE 0.83 installed. Did anyone ever experienced that behavior? I may need to reinstall, but I'm in that game now...
i have had this "problem", but only under these circumstances:

i am a perfectionist, so every once in a while i will rearrange my units (that is, DIVs) into ascending order by selecting the "create new unit" option while in the corps menu. i then rearrange the DIVs into whatever order i want, and move all DIVs back into the original corps. this leaves the "new" corps on the map, but no units are lost as they were put back into the original corps. the fix for this is to leave the DIV that you want at the bottom of your original corps in the new corps, then immediately merge the two units.

now, before i came up with this "explanation", i had the same problem that you describe. however, i have never been able to confirm that i have lost a DIV or corps. btw, i also thought that i was losing units to "strength reaches 0", so, if you can confirm that you have lost units please let me know.

hope this helps.

S_Stackpole, any comment?

I now play Doomsday 1.3a with Armageddon 1.1. I am playing Germany. Japan and Portugal are my buddies. Whe I decide to take charge of their militaries, I saw multiple units (ships) with a leader but without any ship attached to them. That is a bug, since the leader should disappear with the unit. Worse than than, Portugal keeps creating ghost ships at the same sport every day or couple of days. I have to join them every month to make them disappear.
That's not fun. :mad: