Disable Spritesheet Downscaling and cloned screens ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

binbinhfr

Recruit
4 Badges
May 25, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Lead and Gold
Hi there,

I was playing PA under windows 7 with 3 screens cloned (same image on 3 screens that have the same 1980x1050 resolution, for demonstration purpose). Everything was working perfectly fine, with or without mods.

Now I just migrate under windows 10, and if I use the same 3 cloned screens, I receive a message from PA ": Sprite Sheet Downscaled - The sprite sheet has had to be downscaled due to your graphics card limitations. This is probably a result of activating a lot of mods. Please disable some mods in order to improve quality".

The game has then a very bad rendering, and becomes ugly and unplayable.

I tried disabling mods, but no success. I tried Uninstall then reinstall PA, no success.

Then I found a thread on a forum pointing on a cloned screens problem. So I tried unclone my 3 screens (going to "extend mode", and it solves the problem : PA under Windows 10 does not like cloned screens, even with the same resolution... (but it was accepting it under windows 7).

I wonder what I can do, because as soon as I go back to cloned mode, the probleme is here again...

Does anyone have a solution for this ? Please Paradox, correct this little bug. BTW, note that any other Steam game works perfectly with my cloned screens.... Only PA has this problem...

Thanks, and great game BTW. ;-)

Last edited:
Any hint ? The other forum threads talking about this in 2017 and 2018 :
https://steamcommunity.com/app/233450/discussions/0/1471967615879805164/
and
https://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=60784
but no solution either.
I tried to manually disable all "strong" 3D settings of my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 like antialiasing, texturing, etc... But nothing worked.
I insist : this is the only game I have that have this behaviour in clone screen mode under win10. There must be something to correct in the game code to avoid this...

bump !
trying to play this game again, and still the same message when trying to go fullscreen (either with or without borders) :
"Sprite Sheet Downscaled - The sprite sheet has had to be downscaled due to your graphics card limitations. This is probably a result of activating a lot of mods. Please disable some mods in order to improve quality".

Any solution ?

Hi,

I've been an avid PA player ever since the first version was released. Worked fine on my old (and worse) computer when I last played it roughly a year ago. but now, with my new one, I'm having exactly the same issues even though I have zero mods installed.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have the exact same bug with PA.
I recently got a new Samsung TV and connected it via HDMI to my PC to use it as an alternative Display to where I can clone my main screen to.

One day I decidet to play PA again and encountered this bug.
It says the exact same message with this spritesheet, mod and graphics card stuff as told in this thread and has the exact same cursed visual screen where the yellow main-menu-file is extremely downscaled in the lower left corner but navigating to the downscaled buttons still takes place on the whole screen, which makes it hard to find these invisible buttons that are only displayed downscaled in the lower left corner.

I also tried various things to make it work again but nothing solved the problem. I then looked this problem up, came across this thread and unplugged the HDMI cable which connected the TV.

And et voila - it worked again completely fine (because the screen does not get cloned anymore with windows 11)!

PLEASE PARADOX
fix this issue!

PLEASE PARADOX
fix this issue!
1/ Paradox did not write this game, just published it

2/ there will be no more patches

Sorry about that!