• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59697)

Sergeant
Aug 8, 2006
I've being playing diplomacy for about a year and i have being playing it at diplom.org and i wanted to buy a pc game... so i bought it... and after i saw select map... i thought yes it's not just a standard map... but the only changes are Italy has a fleet instead of Army... could you like create a patch with a map maker or like with new maps... where not just 7 great powers running around where it could be more or less... the really fun game would be when you have a map of the world... you should see at diplom.org the maps and all the rules about each one... It would be really great there were new maps...
Thanx... :)

As mentioned in the other recent post, modding the map has proven extremely difficult. Because it is 3-D, not two dimesional like the board game or even other earlier Paradox games, it is very complex and the average user can not modify the map.

Originally the game was intended to be able to allow you to select different scenarios, but that feature has not been well developed.

There are variants/mods available, but they require a quick reloading of the Mod files. A very interesting one is the Cold War mod, available in the User Modifications sub-folder.

However, all the existing mods use essentially the same map.

Only one user has made any real progress cracking the map code. Thanks to Magius, some lessons are being learned about how to customize the 3-D map (reducing it to 2-D). If he, or anyone else, can figure it out, then maybe we will see some user made maps, but it will likely take time.