Did the 1.14.5 update break old saves?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fort_master

Recruit
96 Badges
Jun 9, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Island Bound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Necroids
I'm playing a multiplayer Kaiserreich game with a friend, and after the update to 1.14.5 all the saves say they're from another version of the game and can't be loaded. I tried going back to an older version of the game, but the older version is 1.14.3 and I still get the same "Different version" message because our saves are from 1.14.4. Anyone now anyways to fix this? I havn't messed with the saves at all besides opening them in notepad+ to confirm what game version we last played, the only other thing I can think of that might be weird is that we accidentally had histoical focus' on and I know that isn't a supported feature in Kaiserreich, but I don't think that would break a save from an update would it? I've verified the game files and nothing was found. We were playing this game for a Youtube series and both of us would really like to try and save this game.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    401,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Do you also get the "cannot be loaded" message with 1.14.3? Maybe there's a warning but it still allows it to load?

1.14.4 was a minor hotfix, which is probably why. This is why I haven't gone online on steam since the last patch, I was afraid this might happen (but I'm playing single player).

Do you also get the "cannot be loaded" message with 1.14.3? Maybe there's a warning but it still allows it to load?

1.14.4 was a minor hotfix, which is probably why. This is why I haven't gone online on steam since the last patch, I was afraid this might happen (but I'm playing single player).
Ya, it says the exact same thing if I go back to 1.14.3, and I can't load it. I can click on the save in either version and it makes the clicking sound, but litterally nothing happens.

Reactions:
I was also playing kaiserreich when the last patch hit, which came with a minor kaiserreich update.

I thought the saves were toast since they refused to load until I used the '-allowoldsaves' launch option. Some things were strange but it works.

You should really be able to attempt to load saves without having to use a command line option. I guess it cuts down on brain dead bug reports..

Reactions: