• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
White Daimon said:
Don´t think that will be 100% true in this game. The barabarian (rebel) hordes for instance....

There you said it, they are rebels or act very similar to those anyway.
With a possible new nation forming.

But as it is, there will be practically speaking nothing save a lack of resources to stop that sole germanic tribe from absorbing everything east of it.

Unless caucasians or greeks make it there before.. ofcourse.

Ohhh thought you ment rebel armies. My mistake.

But I must say, I´m a bit worried about that as well. Could that single german minor tribe quickly become a world power if led by a good human? I sure hope not, but it doesn´t really look like there will be much resistance. But this is paradox after all, I´m sure something will be there to prevent the absorbtion of these areas or at least slow it down so much that it will still be realistic.

Really hopes theres "empty" areas won´t be the victims of a free-for once the game starts like in TW :(

King of Men said:
Am I hallucinating, or are the Greek cavalry denoted "Hetairoi"? I assume that this is actually correct, and that Paradox knows more Greek than me, but I must say that cavalry would not be my first association for that word. I foresee many puns in AARs. :D
I believe you're mixing hetairoi with hetairai. Strictly speaking they're just the male and female variants of "companion", but as you might guess there's a rather big difference in actual usage

Fornadan said:
I believe you're mixing hetairoi with hetairai. Strictly speaking they're just the male and female variants of "companion", but as you might guess there's a rather big difference in actual usage

Ohhhhh... *is enlightened* :cool:

comagoosie said:
no ever said they aren't in the game.

Not yet, right? I am somewhat puzzled by the lack of Scythians/Sarmatians among playable factions. By all means, they were more of a faction than some of Gallic tribes I see.

But again, why complain when most of us always prefer mods to vanilla? :D

Vindicare said:
... So, when can we pre-order?

When it's ready? :D

Ooh, thanks for the list of playable countries Johan. I can't wait for the game to come out! :D

OK. I just ordered a new PC to be ready for Rome.

Nice teasers! ;)

WarDog said:
OK. I just ordered a new PC to be ready for Rome.

Nice teasers! ;)
That, sir, is devotion. :D

lucaluca said:
I find it improbable... half of "the world" conquered by Alexander isn't even on the map...

Should be only half as hard to conquer "the world" then, right? ;)

Meh, the game would've had to start a few decades earlier for Syracusae to be any cool.

TrulyOUTRAGOUS said:
Nice list! Anyone want to explain to me why Parthia was on the Levant list?!(They're in Iran IIRC)

But as the map ends with the Persians its probably easier to include them in that culture instead of making a culture specifically for one nation only.

Assos said:
Until the expansion. ;) I hope.

Yep! My hope is for the expansion to expand the game in the current time-period. A map extended to India, and more flavour to units for instance..... This is the time-period in ancient times I find the most interesting, so I'd like the feeling of it to be as great as possible! :D