[Dev Team] 2.3.3 Patch Released [checksum 9b71]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe start a brand new campaign then ?
This bug doesn't affect robotic pops under forced construction, so after full synth ascension this doesn't bug me that much.
Anyway, as long as emptied list of available for growing species is saved into file and whatever what leads to this too, save file probably could be worth as a case for fix testing. Just provided a file, nothing more.

This bug doesn't affect robotic pops under forced construction, so after full synth ascension this doesn't bug me that much.
Anyway, as long as emptied list of available for growing species is saved into file and whatever what leads to this too, save file probably could be worth as a case for fix testing. Just provided a file, nothing more.
My point is that the problem might be fixed properly in the new version with a fresh campaign. Reporting old save files is not really useful because some of the fixes are not save compatible.

My point is that the problem might be fixed properly in the new version with a fresh campaign. Reporting old save files is not really useful because some of the fixes are not save compatible.
At the very least I'd wait for any pops that had already started growing in the old save to finish before seeing if the changes affect the next ones to grow, but yeah, new game to be sure.

Were you looking at the galactic species list, or only your empire's? Because they should show up in the former as soon as you find them.

Both. When you click on the unspent trait points pop-up it takes you to the galaxy list automatically, not your empire list, and they aren't there. Even when I go to the planet and click on one of the presapient pops the link that pops up takes you to the galaxy list and the presapient species isn't there. They only show up if the planet is colonized.

When you take a capital, there's a chance you'll steal a relic.
And you can't see who has what relic.

Question on this; if I take a capital and then 'let them' retake it, can I re-proc that chance in the same war?

Has the Gog version been updated? It hasn't notified me of the update and the changelog is just that of the beta patch (the additional fixes aren't listed and the date is that of the beta patch). Also the update has been announced on Steam but not Gog. I'm hoping this is either I'm wrong and it is up to date or this is an easily fixed oversight.

Last edited:
Updated yestrday. In the middle of my grand 1000 stars campaign, 2500+ year.
Before, it was close to uplayable due to stutter every day, now work nice and smooth, though a little slower overall.

It is like a magic, I could not beleive my eyes at first.
photo.jpg

I even genocided 500 xeno pops already to celebrate this.

Thank you very much for the great work, developers.

Has the Gog version been updated? It hasn't notified me of the update and the changelog is just that of the beta patch (the additional fixes aren't listed and the date is that of the beta patch). Also the update has been announced on Steam but not Gog. I'm hoping this is either I'm wrong and it is up to date or this is an easily fixed oversight.
Yeah, the GoG version should have been updated. I'll send them the patch notes.

This seems like a fairly major change, I'm shocked to see it in a minor incremental patch with no discussion and no explanation. It totally changes a huge portion of warfare.

It's actually a small change. If they are in sensor range, you can still guess pretty well, what they want to do. You just don't know it with absolute certainty.

It's actually a small change. If they are in sensor range, you can still guess pretty well, what they want to do. You just don't know it with absolute certainty.
That's fairly important. You don't know if (and where) xeno construction ship is going to build new outpost or if you have a chance to intercept enemy fleet. This might be a problem in case of max hyperlanes.

That's fairly important. You don't know if (and where) xeno construction ship is going to build new outpost or if you have a chance to intercept enemy fleet. This might be a problem in case of max hyperlanes.

But isn't that more realistic? Unless you cracked their decryption or have a spy on that ship you shouldn't have more information about their plans as "they are flying toward that hyperlane jump point"

* Fix for all buildings swapping issues

* Upgraded buildings are no longer moved after ruined buildings

Seems like I'm really a small minority who ever gone mad over building move after upgrade. They really keep it after all, and hard coded it of all thing if what I got from scavenging game folder was right. Modding it out is not possible. :(

My machine is not so good so I tended to play tall on small galaxy and happily micromanaging my planet. To have all planets follow the same pattern is my moment of Zen. I have to learn to live with it or stop playing the game with highest playtime in my library. Sad.