• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a suggestion to do battles a little random and realistic.
In HOI2 today a unit will crack and stop fight if the organisation goes below 6 (I think) and no random impact at all. But it would be more realistic if more parameters would impact when a unit will crack and stop fighting based on parameters as organisation, commader skill, supply status so you will have a little random when the fighting will stop.

Example:
A unit with organisation 30 and is in supply with a commander with skill 1:
Organsiation 30 multiplied with 5 to create a figure for random calculation of 150%.
Commander skill 1 creates a figure for random calculation of 10%.
This gives us a risk in cracking the unit of 150 + 10 = 160%, no risk in cracking and stop fighting.

Same situation as above but now with lower organisation of 10 and is in supply with a commander with skill 1:
Organsiation 10 multiplied with 5 creates a figure for random calculation of 50%.
Commander skill 1 creates a figure for random calculation of 10%.
This gives us a risk in cracking the unit of 50 + 10 = 60%, this gives us a risk in cracking and stop fighting of 40% though a 60% chance to continue the fight.

With a better skilled commander it looks like this:
Organsiation 8 multiplied with 5 creates a figure for random calculation of 40%.
Commander skill 5 creates a figure for random calculation of 50%.
This gives us a risk in cracking the unit of 50 + 50 = 90%, this gives us a risk in cracking and stop fighting of 10% though a 90% chance to continue the fight.

Supply should decrease the random figures with 30%.

This gives us bigger impact of randomness, more variation and commander skill, organization and supply will have a decisive impact on the battles.
This is just a variant how it could look like, there are maybe other ways…..

Keep up the good work guys

Captain Jack

I like the ideas, but would offer that the chance of a unit cracking has two additional pretty major influences that are not contained in the calculations I see above:
1) the morale of the units and
2) Any numerical or perceived quality superiority of one force over another.

if a High morale unit is facing a low morale unit (maybe the player has not been keeping up the military salaries...) the low morale unit is more likely to crack.

If a Unit is out numbered by a substantial amount without a perceived substantial edge, that should weigh on the cracking calculation as well. I assume that if an army of 9 Panzer divisions was bearing down on 9 infantry units, the infantry might be inclined to crack more than they would against 9 other infantry.

It is probably when out-numbered or out-gunned (and expecially when out gunned AND outnumbered) that morale would REALLY play a role.

Just my thoughts...

bump.

Any update on the Artillery Barrage question?

Last edited: