• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We've managed to make it slightly better by playing on a small map and having my friend host (he has the slower computer)- that worked pretty well for the first game doing that with only a few late game desyncs but this game it's gotten bad again. The only difference between these two games is my playing tall last game (as a megacorp) and wide this game- so more planets and more pops for the non host. Though there is a lot more activity on the slave market and refugees given there's a few exterminators and the like running about, too.

In my current game we're 140 years in and the game has already become unplayable due to Pop Modifier desync. Even on normal speed it desyncs after like 3 days no matter what.

In the past i've had desync issues with a particular player falling 4-5 days behind (where is displays their name as red in the counter) but now we all have beefy rigs and good internet connections and we get desync even if nobody falls more than 1 in game day behind.

We fix it temporarily loading a mp savegame before the error of Pop_Modifier or Random_Count in single player and we pass the next month,
we save and start that savegame in mp, the problem is that you have to review everything that does and undo the AI and it is something hard. This gives us enough years until the next Pop_Modifier or Random_Count error and repeat

Last edited:
We fix it temporarily loading a mp savegame before the error of Pop_Modifier or Random_Count in single player and we pass the next month,
we save and start that savegame in mp, the problem is that you have to review everything that does and undo the AI and it is something hard. This gives us enough years until the next Pop_Modifier or Random_Count error and repeat

That sounds extremely tedious and tiring.

Today me and 4 others tried to play a multiplayer game we saved from an earlier session. Before 2.4 was released but it was next to impossible due to next to constant desyncs. We turned off cloud saves and dialed back auto saves to annual saving which helped but didn't get rid of the problem. We also reduced the game speed to "normal" which also seemed to help, we normally play on fast so the game were progressing at an unbearable speed so we cranked it back up to fast, which of course caused a desync not many minutes later

My question, Is this a known issue or do you want us to provide more info/logs/saves? Or do you have any advice on how to deal with the desyncs? Or at least keep them at bay?

LOL this game still has DESYNC issues. WOW!! Well its been at least 3 years now since i have played this game because of DESYNC issues so i hope that answers your question. I have even sent in multiple bug reports to the devs as requested with crash files and exact time of crash in game and they still cant get there heads out of there own asses. love this company, im going to go throw some more money over in pubg so i can be hacked some more thanks for yalls time reading this crap on this crap company's website.

It's back, OOS all over the place ion 2.6.1

150 Years later OOS started for me as well. Just wanted to play some MP Stellaris game at our 2020 crisis.

This is still happening to myself and my friends, I can't understand why this hasn't been resolved. If we don't save the game regularly and reload from the prior save the game becomes unplayable. We cannot control ships, pops and economy goes haywire, sometimes we can't even upgrade ships or building slots. We were hoping this would be fixed with the Federations update but it looks to possibly be worse now.

Desyncs still a massive problem in 2.6.3.

Was planning to play a game with 20 players over 3 days but we had to call it off half way into the second due to endless desyncs. They definitely occur more as the game goes on, towards the end we were repeatedly desyncing shortly after 10 minute hot joins it was unplayable. It's a shame as the game is fun especially with a lot of players, looking forward to playing again when it's finally fixed

Desyncs are STILL an issue in 2.7.2. Like seriously... I've been playing for FOUR YEARS and have NEVER been able to finish a freakin' multiple player game because they ALWAYS end in desyncs. Like how is this possible... Get your SH*T together already!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
How can this still be an ongoing issue surely there must be a fix. The game is unplayable I get the message (desynchronized entries country_resources) as soon as the game is unpaused. Ship movement from home systems, assigning research, Building, Recruiting officers all become impossible.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!