• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Miral said:
Could't you sneak a line down to the neighbors house an secretly splice it into his connection? Desperate times call for desperate measures. If he objects, tell him it was done on direct orders of OKW. :)
...or he received a Fuhrerbefehl :D

The war, February 8th - April 23rd, 1942

OKW-DIARY, excerpts, February 8th - April 23rd, 1942

February 8th
Now 5 militia divisions at Bratsk. V.Manstein reports his forces are spent, the continious advance since June has exhausted men and vehicles. v.Mansteins advance is halted.
Chief OKW decides: Mountain troops are to continue the advance. All three Gebirgskorps are redeployed to Krasnojarsk.

- Very good economic news: The land connection to Iraq brings vast amounts of oil to the Reich. Führer reconsiders his decisions on our economical leadership.

February 10th
Führer appoints, again, new ministers, sacking Flick and Sack.
New armaments minister: Fritz Todt-
New security minister: Leader of SS, Heinrich Himmler.
Our new IC-strength: 1.004 units.

February 11th
The first 12 Type IXD sub-flottillas join Kriegsmarine.
New orders for ODIN: 6 Narvik-class DD flottillas, 12 transport flottillas.
- Now 21 soviet inf.divs. reported at Bratsk.

February 15th
GenLt. Dietl is promoted two ranks to Generalfeldmarschall by the Führer and is appointed commander of 20.Gebirgsarmee. Mission: Seize Bratsk.

February 24th
Führer very unlucky with Ministers. Armaments minister Fritz Todt dies in plane accident (CORE-event).
New appointment: Albert Speer.

February 30th
3 hours - 20.Gebirgsarmee (GFM Dietl) starts advance on Bratsk in Siberia.

JAPAN declared WAR on USA and the Allies.
Question at OKW: Will the AXis stay neutral or will we join?
SONDEREINSATZFLOTTE is in asiatic waters. It cannot be endangered.
Decision of the Führer: No declaration of war on USA at present.

March 19th
Japanese-Allied war: Japanese establish a beachhead on Phillipenes at Baguio.

March 24th
Plan ODIN: 12 new Type IXD sub-flottillas are ordered.

DIARY of GFM Beck (Chief OKW) (excerpts)

(...) GenLt. Student has convinced the Führer that Fallschirmjäger can take Bratsk before the Gebirgstruppen, even against determined opposition.
Führer gives his okay, although I strongly disagree.
(...) Poor Margit, I doubt she will see her handsome paratrooper again. What a pity.
Why not wait?
I guess Führer wants to end war with Soviets as quickly as possible to join the Japanese against the Americans.
When I think about the SONDEREINSATZFLOTTE, sent back and forth in the Asian waters due to the Führers indecissevnes if to join the war with USA... oh well, he is an amateur after all. The faintest hint of a crisis, and his looses his nerves. Thats bad.

OKW DIARY, continued...

March 24th
4 hours - I.Fallschirmkorps drops on Bratsk. Opposition: 3 militia divs.
Luftflotten I and II sortie as often as possible.

March 25th
8 hours - Victory by the Fallschirmjäger at Bratsk.
All objectives secure. Minimal losses.
1., 2.Panzerarmee immediately ordered on Bratsk for reinforcement of paratroopers.

April 1st
Plan ODIN - 6 destroyer flottillas Narvik-class join the Kriegsmarine.
12 new flottillas are ordered.

April 6th
0.00 hours - 1.Fallschirmjägerdiv. seizes Irkutsk in airborne assault.

April 10th
- Japanese-Allied war: Japan conquers Manila on Phillipines.

April 20th
- SONDEREINSATZARMEE (GFM Keitel) is finally based in Northern Korea and Gen.Rommels Panzer formations advance on seemingly undefended Vladivostok.

April 23rd, 1942
12 hours - SonderPzARmee seizes undefended VLADIVOSTOK.
14 hours - Fallschirmjäger report the seizure of Stalins corpse in Irkutsk.
Soviet rule in rest of Siberia crumbles.
BY ORDER OF THE FÜHRER, THE FORMER SOVIET UNION IS ANNEXED BY THE GREATER GERMAN REICH.
The ENDSIEG in the EAST is finally achieved.

Irkutsk taken by german paras, April 6, 42.

The Soviet Union annexed by the Reich, which now controls the Eurasian land mass from Atlantic to Bering Sea.

Amona said:
The Soviet Union annexed by the Reich, which now controls the Eurasian land mass from Atlantic to Bering Sea.

Hurray! Finally Lebensraum! No more overcrowded appartment buildings! :D

Great to see you back Amona! :)

Yes, OKW is finally online again.
But this CORE 0.85 and the OKW-game is so long ago, and I have played so many games in the meantime, Ive lost contact with this one, and even reading my own AAR again last night didnt really help.
So I am considering calling it finished and starting a new AAR.
But I dont have decided wich country, which scenario, and foremost: HOI or HOI2? I am not really a friend of HOI2, some features are just not to my liking.

Amona said:
So I am considering calling it finished and starting a new AAR

Well, I for one would love to read about the invasion of the united states. But on the other hand, we all know that no one can threaten you anymore. If you start a new one, go for HOI2. HOI looks so old and tired nowdays.

Well, waiting several months for my connection, I find myself surprised that I currently lack the determination for intensive AAR-writing.
So I guess, a new HOI2-AAR will have to wait.
Maybe, when an inspiration hits me.

cthulhu said:
Hurray! Finally Lebensraum! No more overcrowded appartment buildings! :D
:rofl:
cthulhu said:
Well, I for one would love to read about the invasion of the united states. But on the other hand, we all know that no one can threaten you anymore. If you start a new one, go for HOI2. HOI looks so old and tired nowdays.
I second that. HoI2 rocks, in my opinion.

And welcome back, Amona :)

Maybe I am alone with that opinion, but I strongly dislike HOI2.
The game speed (or lack thereof), the constant complicated slider adjusting, the research system, The land combat where units seem to loose only org but no strength, the bars for strength and org instead of numbers, the too realistic air war, which makes Stukas and tac.bomber a waste of resources, the too strong AA-fire, the again not the slightest improved AI, especially Japan. The fact that AI doesnt seem to upgrade units, the upgrade-system, where you cant decide what to upgrade and what not, and the whole feel of the game....
No, every few weeks I give it a new try and turn away after an hour bored, annoyed and so on.
Sorry, but HOI2 is just not my cup of tea.
So, I cant see myself writing an AAR about a game I dont really like to play.
THis is an AAR-thread, so we must not start a discussion about shortcomings or advantages of HOI2, just suffice to say, I dont like the game.

Why not discuss that?

The more feedback developers have better they will understand what their clientele wants.

Personally I think that the main problem of HOI 2 is the lack of speed. Without 1000 MB RAM I don't feel qualified to state an opinion about the game, as I can't effectively play it as it was intended to be playedin the first place...

Just a thought... or lack of thereof

Enjoy ;)