• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IneedhelP

Private
Jan 30, 2018
Since support for Windows 7 has ended, I upgraded to Windows 10. I left all programs on my hard drive (including DH).
I haven't tried vanilla DH yet. I'm currently playing the Qing currently, got to 22nd December 1939 and saved since I had problems already. Normally it crashes either the 26th, 27th or the 28th exactly on 23h.
Now, my PC isn't the best and all, but it ran nice and smooth when I used Windows 7.
Any help is appreciated!

Post the crash log from Event Viewer. If it's consistent than probably some major event spam is causing Windows to crash the program because it looks like a memory leak. Could set the program to realtime priority in Task Manager then reset after the event is settled and saved.

It's probably notifications. I gave my troops orders to strategically redeploy. I tried an earlier save were I haven't ordered them yet and managed to go further than the 28th. Though it doesn't run as smooth on Windows 10, and crashed because I moved the cursor unexpectedly...

Yeah the new deployment notification is a bug that should have been tackled in DH 1.01. It's best to just squelch that in message settings. Fixing it would require changing redeployments to the 'has moved' notification instead. Wouldn't fix note spam but at least the messages would be logical and not require notification everytime the player changes corps composition.
You maybe having graphics compatibility issues. Search WineD3D here and see if using different driver packs helps with stability.