• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ucucc

Recruit
70 Badges
Sep 22, 2019
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Hi, Today I purchased Darkest Hour and when i try to start it i get a black screen, in i click the mouse i get the notification " the program has stopped working". i tried open it with launcher and directly but nothing changes.
I tried every fix i could find but nothing worked.
If i try to change the compatibility version the game starts but the game window is transparent and it doesn't work.
Thanks for the help.

You didn't mention running as administrator. If that doesn't work goto install directory, open settings.cfg and disable everything. Set the minimum compatible resolution and attempt running the .exe directly as administrator again. If that doesn't work than ensure you have the correct video drivers for your GPU. Seems like failure to render directplay graphics. Check event viewer for specific error data.

Last edited:
Ok,I tried running as an administrator and with all settings disabled but nothing. I checked and I have the latest driver of my gpu.
So I checked the event viewer and i funded an error:
Il programma Darkest Hour.exe versione 1.0.5.1 non interagisce più con Windows ed è stato chiuso. Per vedere se sono disponibili ulteriori informazioni sul problema, verificare la cronologia del problema in Sicurezza e manutenzione nel Pannello di controllo.
ID processo: 3ac0
Ora di avvio: 01d5df36434a3b86
Ora di chiusura: 15
Percorso applicazione: D:\steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Darkest Hour.exe
ID segnalazione: 48ec172b-3d3d-4912-bb1b-d173e4282e64
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore:
Tipo interruzione: Unknown
Sorry for the language but I have my pc set to italian.
After reading this i was going to control panel at security and meintenance an i funded in the history this error:
Descrizione
Si è verificato un problema che impedisce al programma di interagire con Windows.
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: D:\steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Darkest Hour.exe

Firma del problema
Nome evento problema: AppHangB1
Nome applicazione: Darkest Hour.exe
Versione applicazione: 1.0.5.1
Timestamp applicazione: 5a8494c4
Firma di blocco: e7de
Tipo interruzione: 134217728
Versione SO: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 1: e7dedd4cd3e00ac40cad47b1b00bd131
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 2: 0c25
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 3: 0c25b9e9751c6d8e1a37c9ac5aaed835
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 4: e7de
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 5: e7dedd4cd3e00ac40cad47b1b00bd131
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 6: 0c25
Firma blocco aggiuntiva 7: 0c25b9e9751c6d8e1a37c9ac5aaed835
Thanks for the help and sorry for the language.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-fix-darkest-hour-for-windows-8.726656/
This looks like a decent post on various methods to get it running. I'd just be spitballing ideas..
Considering that your system is otherwise stable and you've enabled legacy components like directplay. Check the registry
Run DxDiag, save to file, and upload here. There's no particular error code from that eventviewer data. Interrupt type 134217728 infers there was a buffer overrun greater than 128MB though. These things are usually graphics and can be solved by playing with settings or rolling back driver version. Disabling all the $DH/settings.cfg flags should help with testing.

Okay, you can delete it for your id protection. Nice computer. Nothing in particular is flagged as a problem.
Check for missing libraries
https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe
Do you also get crashing in HOI4? Uninstall video driver, reboot to safe mode (or whatever its called now) and install a compatible driver.
https://www.msi.com/Desktop/support/Trident-3#down-driver&Win10 64
VGA IGD driver version 22.20.16.4691 from 2017
A purpose made driver for your chipset that Windows should be restricted from updating and breaking. BIOS, wifi, and other components should be set to that support page's list of firmware/drivers for stability.

Last edited:
I've tried checking for libraries but nothing,
For the drivers I've tried but I can't understand how install the old driver because after i remove the newer driver and restart in safe mode i go go control panel and to devices, i click on the graphic card and i view the proprieties. I try ti instat the driver but i recive an error.
Do you have a guide to install an older driver?
With hoi4 i never get problem or crash.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers
I guess you can uninstall and delete the Nvidia driver then install from the MSI package in the same session without rebooting to safe mode. Technically, you should start the update process with BIOS, firmware and chipset because they are base system components then move onto video, audio, etc. That's the type of computer I'd buy if I could get it for under $500.

Last edited: