• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mack674

Second Lieutenant
43 Badges
Mar 14, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
2 biggest changes I want.

1) More commanders, historical units, much more espionage.

2) DLC pack complete with technology and possible world leaders events etc that extends the game from 1948 to 1957.

I hate how the game has a soft cap at 1948 (or hard cap?). The alternate historical scenario where the war continued well into the 50s I always found interesting if not entirely practical (unless 2 or more remaining factions both reached the a bomb at the same time).

Would please some man in high castle fans haha.

Hopefully some modders will step up to this someday. The Axis figghting against the chinese/soviets in the korean war after the allies lost ww2, japan fighting expansionist war against england/australia after the US deals a truce, the soviets invading the UK after completing european communist conquest, fascist spain reclaiming territory in the south american islands from weakened america -

Lots of fun to be had and so many possible scenarios depending on how ww2 played out.

Just a thought! (Dream)

Reactions:
You are aware that extending the end date is as simple as opening the file in a text editor and changing 1948 to 2048 and BOOM another century of warfare

Don't know where that file is yet, since I haven't gotten a look at the game's folders yet :p

But this is how it's always been and they've promised it would be possible

And with how easily they've made modding for their most recent games I would expect a Man in the High Castle to occur not too long after release :D

Reactions:
You are aware that extending the end date is as simple as opening the file in a text editor and changing 1948 to 2048 and BOOM another century of warfare

That said the date is not the only factor. More tech and game changes would be required to actually simulate progression through those extra years.

Theoretically you can play until 1990, but with WW2 tech what is the point.

Reactions:
That said the date is not the only factor. More tech and game changes would be required to actually simulate progression through those extra years.

Theoretically you can play until 1990, but with WW2 tech what is the point.

That if your war isn't finished then you can keep on going, build up an obscene amount of reactors, and just start nuking provinces to your hearts content? Sounds fun to me

Again, I'd rather this type of thing be covered by mods, and that DLC focus on massive improvements and additions to game mechanics, like the expansions for Vicky 2 and HoI 3 were

Reactions:
Actually now that I think more Im not sure I was greedy enough.

Make it 1913-1958 and ill be happy. No wait, 1975. No wait...

A little more EU style game where you can have multiple wars, or say Germany surrenders to England later re-enters another war against the soviets in 1950 or something would be cool. Also if Germany/Hungary won ww1 that would change everything anyway lol ive gone too far now.

Cant wait for this game, regardless. It looks great now but could be beyond outstanding in a year or two time with some mods and polish, DLC etc.

It spawns from an idea/game I saw years and years ago (Ironstorm? I forget the name) but it was based in the 50s or early 60s and was if world war one was still ongoing. Always thought was a very interesting concept/alternate reality to explore. Same idea if ww2 carried on into the 50s or 60s. You would need to mod in (or create from scratch) new technology and such to keep up with the times.

SS soldiers deploying by helicopter insertion is a weird thought lol

I didn't mind HOI3's take on it with having to invest in building a network that would then try to accomplish your goals, whilst still being attacked by the AI's spies.

I think there is a big demand for the time line to either go back or forward.

Id rather see big game mechanics expansions.

A much better supply system, more type of units (armored cars, supply transports, fleet colliers, torpedo boats, actual raiders, merchant marines), more political options, expanded strategic bombing ala TFH, better integration of air units and air battles.

Commanders, focus trees, end date...mods can do all of that, or they can be rolled into bigger expansions.

Id definitely want to play the game for a while before wanting specific things. Especially things that have been covered in Modding Streams that you can add yourself.

That if your war isn't finished then you can keep on going, build up an obscene amount of reactors, and just start nuking provinces to your hearts content? Sounds fun to me

Again, I'd rather this type of thing be covered by mods, and that DLC focus on massive improvements and additions to game mechanics, like the expansions for Vicky 2 and HoI 3 were

Yup. This.

Heart of Darkness and Revolutions were great expansions. For the Motherland and Their Finest Hour are great expansions.

Im not really as thrilled with things like El Dorado, Art of War, Conclave, etc...theyre nice and they do some nice things, but major things come in free patches, and they dont feel nearly as substantial.

Heart of Darkness completely changed Vicky2, much like TFH saved HOI3 imho. They added alot of much needed depth, fixes, and balance, along with cool new mechanics and more modding support.

THATS what I want out of a DLC.

Yup. This.

Heart of Darkness completely changed Vicky2, much like TFH saved HOI3 imho. They added alot of much needed depth, fixes, and balance, along with cool new mechanics and more modding support.

THATS what I want out of a DLC.

HoD is the best DLC I've ever seen in terms of the quality it adds to the game. It was such a massive change that going back to the game without it was worthless. That's not saying Vicky 2 was bad before it, I still loved it. Its just that Heart of Darkness was that great an expansion, with how it reworked colonization and the addition of crises to the game.

Reactions:
Exactly.

If I can get something HoD quality out of HOI4 my faith in the series will be absolutely restored.

Reactions:
Why can't we have it all ? lol if they consistently and regularly release patches, DLC etc that improve the game there's no reason we couldn't have all of these things eventually.

This is just what I wish there was - but I have a feeling espionage will be addressed in a DLC and maybe some changes to add in supply/fuel as it was a pretty big sore point for people being removed. They'll also likely do easier things like flesh out units, national focus trees and skins etc for certain countries in DLC packs like maybe the commonwealth countries, Hungary, Scandinavian countries etc.

I'm really looking forward to it anyway. It has so much potential.

Because its almost always quality or quantity, and almost never quality AND quantity.

Reactions:
Good. Fast. Cheap.

Pick two.